• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB General Thread 2021-22

The women are looking good up at half time against W&M on flosports. Nelson is a stone cold killer splashing 3’s. Kubek is tall but I would like to see more hustle and more ball handling out of her. She seems to swat at the ball and tip it but she needs to grab the rock like it’s a bag of money! Shots are falling but need some more intensity and better defense out of this bunch

31 minutes ago, Blounge said:

The women are looking good up at half time against W&M on flosports. Nelson is a stone cold killer splashing 3’s. Kubek is tall but I would like to see more hustle and more ball handling out of her. She seems to swat at the ball and tip it but she needs to grab the rock like it’s a bag of money! Shots are falling but need some more intensity and better defense out of this bunch

Allie Kubek is 6-1, which is about average for a post player in the CAA and he's as good as anybody in the league. She can face and hit the three or post up. I wouldn't say driving is her specialty. She can put the ball on the floor, but he's she's explosive enough to get by people. But she can go left and right and can finish with contact. 

Defense kind of stunk that half. Too many bad possessions where we allowed a layup or open shot at the end of both quarters. Rayne Tucker was the best player on the floor for Towson and W&M can't stop her. Going inside on every possession is crucial.

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Defense kind of stunk that half. Too many bad possessions where we allowed a layup or open shot at the end of both quarters. Rayne Tucker was the best player on the floor for Towson and W&M can't stop her. Going inside on every possession is crucial.

Don’t be so negative! They won by a lot… just no pleasing some people I guess. 😂

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t be so negative! They won by a lot… just no pleasing some people I guess. 😂

Right I’m just following your lead. Lol.  Stunk was the wrong adjective. Shaky was a better word. I’m also looking at the future and for them to beat Delaware which is Wednesday,  they will need to step it up. Jasmine Dickey had 52 last night. Guessing she’s the best player in the league since EDD. 

Very good win considering we were off to a very slow start and Kubek had just three points. She rarely played in the second half. Not sure if she was sick or just didn't have it. They just used a lot more Anissa Rivera at the 4 and she has hore length to cover the perimeter. Either way, Kornegay-Lucas was fabulous in the end with 20 points. Big one is coming on Wednesday against Delaware.