• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to No. 21 Ohio State 85-74

6 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

It would be nice to just have one victory to point back and say "hey, remember that time when Towson beat..."

Us old-timers still have it but that was Louisville and that's going on 27(!!!!) years now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Us old-timers still have it but that was Louisville and that's going on 27(!!!!) years now.

And West Virginia in the same season. Before that, St. John's. 

The Louisville win was in January of 1995. It was one of those last additions to the non-conference schedule. The amazing or strange part of that season was that we went 12-15 and lost by 30 in the first round of the Big South Tournament. That team was a Jekyll-and-Hyde as you could possibly be.

I would trade any of those wins for a Big South, AEast, or CAA title, though Louisville was incredible at home.

• Like 1

Okay we do have a few. WVU, UL and St John's but all before current students (+ players/recruits) were alive. I was in second grade during the Louisville win so even a large chunk of the peak earning (donating age) alumni are not old enough to remember those days.

Also agree I'd trade any of those for the tourney. I was 4 the last time we made the dance. 👶