• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

I have to admit I was befuddled at why Santora didn't play in the first half when Constantinides went won just two of the first 12 face-offs. So he wound up winning 8 of 23, so he won 6 of 11 in the second half. They obviously made some kind of adjustment. Certainly not a pretty game, but defense was strong and Brennan stepped up big in the second half. He's been up-and-down so far, but he was huge in the second half. 

Offense was a struggle at times. Ended up with 16 turnovers. At times, they try to be too fine with their passes, looking for the home run. But they did just enough. Huge to get back on track at Loyola.  Still not sure why Austin Stewart didn't play against Richmond. They were going with this small second middie unit of Reid, Bender and Josh Webber. But Stewart came on in the second half and his goal might have been the difference. He also passes the ball well and we can use that.

7 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

nice win.  we've had our moments against UVA, JHU and UR this year.  Glad we put it together against Loyola..

Richmond was just a terrible loss and to see the way our defense has played this season, it was nice to see them and Brennan step up tonight. Though I thought Brennan struggled on a few shots in the first half. Maybe he just needed the lights in the second half. Our offense at times is a juggernaut and at times we look as though we've never played together. Berkeley had some terrible turnovers at the end, but you don't win the game without his presence. DeMaio on the other hand was not good to be kind. Five turnovers for a shooter is not good. And that's pretty much what he is right now. A shooter. He needs to just make the simple pass instead of always looking for the assist. It was nice to see Stewart get a big goal. I think he's an underrated player and I like to see his experience on the second unit.

28 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Loyola is 0-4. I like the W but lets see if they can use this going forward

It's a start. This isn't like beating the Mount. They lost to Hopkins by one and we were crushed by Hopkins. They don't have Pat Spencer, but still a good win on the road.

• Like 1