• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat Drexel 66-62

A priest taught Kareem the sky hook back in NYC grade school.  
I’m just a huge fan of CT cause despite some rough games he’s been durable and bleeds Tiger yellow and black.   What a tremendous young man to represent Towson.  
I made the comment in the chat..  despite playing only 10 minutes Hicks made no turnovers…. a freshman guard mind you.  Paar gave us solid minutes today.  Gray is our best player off the bench!   These “3” players could decide a game in DC!

16-6 just rolls off the tongue so nicely!

This team has a lot of offensive balance this season with the emergence of CT 

I hope Nolan gets back in action for this stretch run…  really would make us the favorite to win the CAA  

• Like 2

Hofstra 40-33 with 1:03 left in the first half. Not a lot of D. Hofstra getting outquicked all of a sudden. Cooks was cooking with 10 points. I think that's where we need a quick guard like Hicks to defend him and Phillips. 

A tale of 2 halves today. In the 1st half guys not named CT scored a total of 14 points. 2nd half we were an entirely different team, punctuated by a 16-0 run. Remarkable performance by CT. I thought Wynter was going to drop 30, but he was held scoreless in the last 11 minutes. 7-2 at the halfway point of conference play exceeds my expectations. I really hope Nolan can come back soon. I just think he can open things up on the offensive end & create looks for our 3-point shooters, especially Gibson who, for the most part, is not going to create good shots for himself off the dribble 

Hofstra is shooting 54% from the floor tonight but only up 2 due to 10 turnovers and 2 for 13 from 3pt. UNCW should win this game. They were down big early. Going to be very tough to win down there with big crowd and the way they play.

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

A tale of 2 halves today. In the 1st half guys not named CT scored a total of 14 points. 2nd half we were an entirely different team, punctuated by a 16-0 run. Remarkable performance by CT. I thought Wynter was going to drop 30, but he was held scoreless in the last 11 minutes. 7-2 at the halfway point of conference play exceeds my expectations. I really hope Nolan can come back soon. I just think he can open things up on the offensive end & create looks for our 3-point shooters, especially Gibson who, for the most part, is not going to create good shots for himself off the dribble 

Nolan is sorely missed. The Nolan before the Drexel game that is and the respiratory problems. Hicks can help some against those quick guards in the CAA. Watching one right now in Cooks from Hofstra.

So looks like we are playing for second place at this point.  Uncw really coming out of nowhere, even after ooc play, to win the regular season. They aren’t big so if we do get them sometime in the tourney we need to punish them on the boards

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

A priest taught Kareem the sky hook back in NYC grade school.  
I’m just a huge fan of CT cause despite some rough games he’s been durable and bleeds Tiger yellow and black.   What a tremendous young man to represent Towson.  
I made the comment in the chat..  despite playing only 10 minutes Hicks made no turnovers…. a freshman guard mind you.  Paar gave us solid minutes today.  Gray is our best player off the bench!   These “3” players could decide a game in DC!

16-6 just rolls off the tongue so nicely!

This team has a lot of offensive balance this season with the emergence of CT 

I hope Nolan gets back in action for this stretch run…  really would make us the favorite to win the CAA  

Maybe the tourney but regular season has come and gone

charles may be the best devolved player under skerry. You can argue mike morsels or John Davis but Charles offensive game has really grown. He’s one of the only players in the league with a back to the basket game 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

So looks like we are playing for second place at this point.  Uncw really coming out of nowhere, even after ooc play, to win the regular season. They aren’t big so if we do get them sometime in the tourney we need to punish them on the boards

I’d love to win the regular season crown, but we can’t control what UNCW does. First & foremost we need to take care of our own business. If we meet UNCW in the conference tournament, it won’t be at Trask. Not to diminish what they’ve done thus far, but the team that worries me the most is Delaware 

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d love to win the regular season crown, but we can’t control what UNCW does. First & foremost we need to take care of our own business. If we meet UNCW in the conference tournament, it won’t be at Trask. Not to diminish what they’ve done thus far, but the team that worries me the most is Delaware 

That was decided in the last week.  We have 5 road games and 3.5 home games left. 3 of those road games are our house of horrors. Delaware when healthy has the most talent and experience.  Hofstra and Uncw have great guard play. Uncw has IT they’ve won 8 games by about 35 total points 

Caa has tiers

uncw, Hofstra Delaware towson 

drexel 

Charleston

wm/Elon 

Ne