• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

JHU thread

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

man- we looked sensational during the 3rd quarter and awful in Q2 and so far in Q4

18-12 final. I left before it was over to beat the traffic. I think this has a chance to be a pretty good team. But defensively, they have to tighten up. Constantinides got better as the game went on. He just missed a few ground balls that he needs to scoop up. Goaltending? I don't think Brennan saw the ball all night. That happens sometimes, but when it was 13-6 or even at the half, I was shocked Nads stayed with a goaltender, who ended up allowing 18 goals. 

Offensively, we were incredible at times. Two new attackman. Not sure if Gallagher is the guy or it's the freshman Brode Mauer. Berkeley looks like he'll be a monster, but he's going to see a lot of doubles. Will need to make the open pass. He appears to be a gunner, which is fine and it's great to have a big middie who can score. At the end, our offense stopped attacking. I doubt they were tired, because they didn't have the ball that much in the first half. 

The fact that we cut a 13-6 lead to 14-12 shows that this team still has potential, but they are a work-in-progress. A bunch of guys got hurt tonight. Not sure if it was cramps but we can't afford to lose Koby Smith. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/lacrosse/bs-sp-johns-hopkins-towson-mens-lacrosse-20220212-dp7ti4yefnchjjnvntewhzokfm-story.html

coach Shawn Nadelen said the Tigers (0-1) dug themselves too deep a hole in the first half.

“I would have liked to have seen the playmaking from the second half transpire throughout the course of the game,” he said. “That was much more of who we are as a team. Obviously, we didn’t come out that way, and Hopkins took advantage of it. Credit to them with exploiting our mishaps and [us] not valuing the ball as much as we should have. Obviously, they’re a high-powered offense, and they showed it by ringing up a lot of goals on us. That’s something we’re not accustomed to and we have to obviously fix.

“I felt like we kind of generated that for them at times, and a good team like that, especially a high-powered team that shoots the ball very well, is going to exploit that, and they did and obviously put us in a hole.”