• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Elon 86-50

Only negative was the crowd of 1,800+ for Autism Awareness day. I can understand the hesitation of some people that ordinarily come and not showing up due to the circumstances but no excuse for the poor showing of the students.

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Go C of C 

UNCW 41-34 with 2:57 left in the first half. Not a lot of D by CofC. They should slow it down and pound it inside but that's not their game.

I really didn't comment on this but this as well as I've seen us play at home against a conference opponent. Ever. Shows you how much depth we have. And Tyler Coleman has something. I don't know if he's long enough to play center or quick enough to play the four, the way we want fours now (stretch 4s with handle). But showed some size, touch and toughness, even if he's just a role player. We will need a backup 4 next season amongst other things. I was also really impressed with Hicks. First time I got to talk to him and Rizutto face-to-face or mask-to-face. Haven't seen those guys in the press room since we've been allowed in there (hope we never have to back to Zoom pressers again at home, don't mind it on the road). 

What else can you say about CT? That kid has gone from All-Defensive Team to at least third-team All-Conference and in the conversation for DPOY. Again, averaging 16.8ppg his last 7 games. His overall numbers are not much better than last season (9.1, 6.4rpg, 1.6bpg, this season 10.2ppg, 6.1rpg, 1.5bpg, 62% FG). But look at his conference numbers: 13.3ppg, 7.2rpg, 1.8bpg, 66% FG, It also helps we're going to him more, maybe because masked Cam is a bit off in his inside-out game. I'd rather have balance than just one great player and ordinary offensive players. Adding Charles to the mix means we can do a lot more than just open the game going to him down low. We can go consistently to him throughout the game and he's smart enough to know when there will be doubles and not to force it because you have other perimeter options. 

Charles is now shooting around 62% from the field.  10+ shots a game the rest of the way.  

What an awesome win today a week after such a heartbreaker and hence why I knew this group only hit a bump in the road a week ago.  19 wins!!!  

5 games left..   the back to back with James Madison will be tough to sweep but I don’t see why we can’t go 3-2 or better.

How great has this been???  19 wins on Feb 12th!!!  Gotta pinch myself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I really didn't comment on this but this as well as I've seen us play at home against a conference opponent. Ever. Shows you how much depth we have. And Tyler Coleman has something. I don't know if he's long enough to play center or quick enough to play the four, the way we want fours now (stretch 4s with handle). But showed some size, touch and toughness, even if he's just a role player. We will need a backup 4 next season amongst other things. I was also really impressed with Hicks. First time I got to talk to him and Rizutto face-to-face or mask-to-face. Haven't seen those guys in the press room since we've been allowed in there (hope we never have to back to Zoom pressers again at home, don't mind it on the road). 

What else can you say about CT? That kid has gone from All-Defensive Team to at least third-team All-Conference and in the conversation for DPOY. Again, averaging 16.8ppg his last 7 games. His overall numbers are not much better than last season (9.1, 6.4rpg, 1.6bpg, this season 10.2ppg, 6.1rpg, 1.5bpg, 62% FG). But look at his conference numbers: 13.3ppg, 7.2rpg, 1.8bpg, 66% FG, It also helps we're going to him more, maybe because masked Cam is a bit off in his inside-out game. I'd rather have balance than just one great player and ordinary offensive players. Adding Charles to the mix means we can do a lot more than just open the game going to him down low. We can go consistently to him throughout the game and he's smart enough to know when there will be doubles and not to force it because you have other perimeter options. 

Not many teams have or face a big man with actual post moves and can score with his back to the basket. This is helping him greatly. He also isn’t just reliant on cleaning up missed on the glass anymore. 
He needs A LOT of touches early and often against the smaller Uncw team on Thursday. 

10 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Charles is now shooting around 62% from the field.  10+ shots a game the rest of the way.  

What an awesome win today a week after such a heartbreaker and hence why I knew this group only hit a bump in the road a week ago.  19 wins!!!  

5 games left..   the back to back with James Madison will be tough to sweep but I don’t see why we can’t go 3-2 or better.

How great has this been???  19 wins on Feb 12th!!!  Gotta pinch myself.

Tough games left. Charleston and Uncw are good home teams and we always play tight games with Jmu regardless of records. 

Monday February 28th with like be a big day in terms of seeding for the next weekend

• Like 1

From our winged friends board, who will undoubtedly take over as the most obnoxious fan base in 4 months…

The refs allowed Towson to foul and foul and foul and foul and foul against Elon yesterday. It was unreal. Duke would have lost yesterday there. If that is allowed, it would be difficult but we are at home with a little better ball security.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

From our winged friends board, who will undoubtedly take over as the most obnoxious fan base in 4 months…

The refs allowed Towson to foul and foul and foul and foul and foul against Elon yesterday. It was unreal. Duke would have lost yesterday there. If that is allowed, it would be difficult but we are at home with a little better ball security.

When’s the Duke game?😆