• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Elon 86-50

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Maybe if Duke came to secu we could break 2,000 in attendance…

Don’t get me started. 18-7 going into yesterday’s game, with a shot at winning the conference. Nice weather, students back, autism game, discount tickets and no football game on tv. And we wind up with less than 40% capacity. I guess covid is the excuse de jour, but numbers are down, so I’m not sure if that’s the reason for yesterday’s poor attendance. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Don’t get me started. 18-7 going into yesterday’s game, with a shot at winning the conference. Nice weather, students back, autism game, discount tickets and no football game on tv. And we wind up with less than 40% capacity. I guess covid is the excuse de jour, but numbers are down, so I’m not sure if that’s the reason for yesterday’s poor attendance. 

People just don’t care and marketing isn’t great. Was very disappointed in the crowd yesterday. More students when they were on break (yes they all were athletes who now are probably in season). The sororities that usually do things with pathfinders for autism were no shows as well. 

Pre-pandemic, the last Autism Awareness crowd was in 2019-20 and we had 2,408. I had to think that a lot of parents are not bringing their children (if they are on the Spectrum) during these times or because of the mask rules. So it's usually over 2,000. But the students I don't get. There were a lot of people at the women's lacrosse game. Maybe close to 1,000 and I guess people want to be out in the near-spring weather. But not sure how many were students. They were there on Thursday even if the crowd was just 1,683. That's because our players begged them in the student union and of course, there were some athletes as well.

I still think some people are reticent to come. I have a friend who is a hoops fan and doesn't want to wear a mask for 2 hours. 

As for marketing, they are on a lot of social media platforms, Youtube, I believe the Gram and Facebook.  Maybe no TV. Some radio early on. No reason for newspaper ads at this point unless it's on the Net.

It’s unfortunate the towson fan apathy. Students get in free and still don’t show unless there are free calzones. I don’t know who is to blame. Students need to come out for the best team we have had in ages! I think if we make it to March madness a lot of “Tu fans” will come out of the woodworks

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Pre-pandemic, the last Autism Awareness crowd was in 2019-20 and we had 2,408. I had to think that a lot of parents are not bringing their children (if they are on the Spectrum) during these times or because of the mask rules. So it's usually over 2,000. But the students I don't get. There were a lot of people at the women's lacrosse game. Maybe close to 1,000 and I guess people want to be out in the near-spring weather. But not sure how many were students. They were there on Thursday even if the crowd was just 1,683. That's because our players begged them in the student union and of course, there were some athletes as well.

I still think some people are reticent to come. I have a friend who is a hoops fan and doesn't want to wear a mask for 2 hours. 

As for marketing, they are on a lot of social media platforms, Youtube, I believe the Gram and Facebook.  Maybe no TV. Some radio early on. No reason for newspaper ads at this point unless it's on the Net.

Totally understand a lot of the general public and their children especially yesterday.   

no one wants to wear a mask for 2 hours. But if it means I get to watch them play in person I will. With that said… it’s not well enforced at all. Looking at the “expensive seats” yesterday, I could count 5-10 with masks on out of the 60-70 down there. Again, doesn’t bother me but with pointing out. 

the last paragraph… Pat isn’t on Twitter anymore. All the other caa coaches are and most are very promotional of their games and other events on campus. Not everyone is going to be Pat Kelsey on social media.. but coen is on Twitter, our Womens coach is, the lacrosse coach I think is as well. Wouldn’t hurt

2 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It’s unfortunate the towson fan apathy. Students get in free and still don’t show unless there are free calzones. I don’t know who is to blame. Students need to come out for the best team we have had in ages! I think if we make it to March madness a lot of “Tu fans” will come out of the woodworks

Damn, forgot about the 400 calzones. Of course, if you have to bribe them with food. Free pizza, chicken, subs, Whatever. Then do it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Totally understand a lot of the general public and their children especially yesterday.   

no one wants to wear a mask for 2 hours. But if it means I get to watch them play in person I will. With that said… it’s not well enforced at all. Looking at the “expensive seats” yesterday, I could count 5-10 with masks on out of the 60-70 down there. Again, doesn’t bother me but with pointing out. 

the last paragraph… Pat isn’t on Twitter anymore. All the other caa coaches are and most are very promotional of their games and other events on campus. Not everyone is going to be Pat Kelsey on social media.. but coen is on Twitter, our Womens coach is, the lacrosse coach I think is as well. Wouldn’t hurt

I guess but I don't think we're getting 100 more fans because Pat Skerry is active on Twitter or Instagram or on social media. But you know what? The new AD might want him to be more active on there. I'm sure he or she will certainly try and do their best to get an apathetic crowd out there pandemic or no COVID next season, assuming another variant doesn't come (who knows).

Yes, people with more money don't give a sh-t about wearing masks since they spent so much money (or their business did) to be in the club suites. I don't love it, but I'm not going to be rebellious because I'm used to it and I've had it a couple of times. I don't want to get it again, even if it's just mild.

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

The students are beyond awful. We have 22,000 students and can’t  get more than 100 for a game??!  it’s honestly embarrassing that we will play in front of more people Thursday and Saturday than we have for all of our 7 caa home games combined. 
 Used to get more of them and more passionate back when I was there in the Towson center when we sucked. Besides one good year with Benimon (and the new arena). The attendance has been disappointing for a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I guess but I don't think we're getting 100 more fans because Pat Skerry is active on Twitter or Instagram or on social media. But you know what? The new AD might want him to be more active on there. I'm sure he or she will certainly try and do their best to get an apathetic crowd out there pandemic or no COVID next season, assuming another variant doesn't come (who knows).

It wouldn’t cause 100 less people to show. Also would be a good recruiting tool too.