• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB defeats Charleston, 73-62

That Mike dunk was with about 7 seconds left. Eff them if you think a guy who shot 2-of-15 from the field was going to dribble out the clock at home with a chance to please the fans and himself. We were up 9 not 30.

Hey, I’m on your side big boy. Just simply saying they might try and use it as a motivation tool if we meet up with them again.

28 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

That Mike dunk was with about 7 seconds left. Eff them if you think a guy who shot 2-of-15 from the field was going to dribble out the clock at home with a chance to please the fans and himself. We were up 9 not 30.

Agree this isn’t jmu and a 10th place team that we were up 30 on.  I like it and it may be a springboard for us. Let’s just hope we get a chance to settle this in March 

34 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hey, I’m on your side big boy. Just simply saying they might try and use it as a motivation tool if we meet up with them again.

I'm sure they'll remember that in March when it's the CAA semis or finals. There's enough motivation to go around. Not really worried about that. They might want to remember the first half when they didn't show up. I remember as a Maryland fan back in the early eighties when MJ rocked a dunk over Chuck Driesell. Was mad at the time but Md didn't exactly use it as motivation. 

Didn’t Chuck Driesell try & take MJ 1-on-1 once with the game on the line down in Chapel Hill, with an unsurprisingly bad result? Ah, memories. Anyway, I digress. Great W today. Need to keep the momentum going vs Hofstra, who has 1 of the leading scorers in the country in Foreman-Wright, (or is it Wright-Foreman? Either way, he can ? it up) as well as 1 of the leading rebounders in the country in Gustys. Even with those guys, they have a fairly pedestrian record. 

No question about that. Off the top of my head, there’s the win over Oregon State (I think our only P5 win in the Skerry era), Temple, today’s W, and didn’t we beat UNCW at home a year or 2 ago, when they were the big dog in the conference? Maybe the Georgia Southern W earlier this year, as they were undefeated & a highly ranked mid-major at the time, & the W gave us the tournament trophy. 

No doubt.  Top 5 or higher   Under skerry we have won games we should have and lost games we should have.  

Not a knock but we have been what we’ve been. There aren’t many that stick out.  Wm at home last year?  Home win on senior night vs Delaware with benimon and co? 

For sentimental value, I’ll throw in the last game at the Towson Center. Forgot who we beat. The game itself had no real significance (I think that was the year we were banned from postseason play) but it was nice to close the TC with a W.

Temple, La Salle in N. Ireland, Oregon State on the road, WM last year, Iona from Vegas, George Mason, today, just to name a few in no particular order. Maybe E. Tenn State in the CIT in the 2nd game.