• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat Charleston on the road 80-77

Could be a huge break for UNCW down 62-57 with 8:46 left in the game. They are playing like crap and JMU does have some talented athletes. Might want to zone them and match up on Vado Morse.

Just now, tu_fan said:

I hope UNCW gets a suspension as well!  Too bad they didn't let Phillips loose so that he could face a punishment!  

He just shoved a player. No punch but the best move was for the entire coaching staff to hold him back or he would tried to fight the entire JMU team. And would have lost and got suspended. Yes, that would have helped us.

Let's hope that JMU doesn't draw us into the fight. They have to be incredibly frustrated at the season they are having and not having a spot in D.C.

We're too far gone in the season for the officials to finally wake up and realize what's a charge and what isn't.  If you drive to the basket and hit a secondary defender, you're getting a charge unless that defender is in the circle.  That's what it has come to and it's horrifically wrong.  Refs want to show off their charge call and it's just getting ridiculous across college basketball (pro tip -- making a theatrical blocking call is just as showy...though it may confuse some people as I found out this season...but i digress).  That's why it's so important for players to have a pullup jumper in their arsenal because you just can't risk taking it all the way to the cup with guys sliding over late and getting rewarded for it.

As for the rest of this game, I have to admit that I gave up on them with 12 minutes left and we were down 11.  Charleston kept hitting 3's and we decided that outside was more important than inside with the Cougars already at the bonus.  That was pretty frustrating as we could have lived at the line a lot more than we did.  Though, the way we shot free throws was pretty hideous too.  Incredibly lucky to win this game but good teams find ways to win.  Also, this is their 10th true road win of the season and they've swept a road trip that has been, to put it nicely, a hellacious path of sadness over the years.  

• Like 1