• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Tiebreaker scenario question

If we wind up with the same record as UNCW, how would the tiebreaker work, given that we split with them in the regular season. Also, what if there’s a 3-way tie between us, UNCW and Hofstra? 

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If we wind up with the same record as UNCW, how would the tiebreaker work, given that we split with them in the regular season. Also, what if there’s a 3-way tie between us, UNCW and Hofstra? 

After h2h it’s best win. We are 2-0 against next best team Hofstra.  Uncw is 1-1.  3 wins we are the regular season champs. 2 wins and a Uncw loss we are regular season champs. 

• Thanks 1

If Hofstra finishes 3rd, we win the regular season because we swept Hofstra and UNCW split with them.  When it's 2 teams and they split with each other, it goes down the conference standings to your record against the next best teams.  If it's a 3-way, I believe it goes to total record against the other 2 opponents.  We'd be 3-1 and would take that as well.

Basically, it comes down to if we can beat JMU both times and UNCW loses one of their Drexel/Delaware games, then the 18:29 against Delaware on Monday will just be window dressing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

If Hofstra finishes 3rd, we win the regular season because we swept Hofstra and UNCW split with them.  When it's 2 teams and they split with each other, it goes down the conference standings to your record against the next best teams.  If it's a 3-way, I believe it goes to total record against the other 2 opponents.  We'd be 3-1 and would take that as well.

Basically, it comes down to if we can beat JMU both times and UNCW loses one of their Drexel/Delaware games, then the 18:29 against Delaware on Monday will just be window dressing.

It’ll make me feel like I have to take a shower afterwards, but if circumstances dictate, I’ll be rooting my ass off for Delaware. 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’ll make me feel like I have to take a shower afterwards, but if circumstances dictate, I’ll be rooting my ass off for Delaware. 

Or Drexel. Got to do what you got to do. I won’t be crying if they are missing players Thursday due to their parts in the fight last night. 
ne and Jmu winning yesterday would have been EXTREMELY helpful

Freaking JMU choke artists. Say what you want about the suspect officiating, but those missed foul shots were sickening. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out of the conference. Just goes to show that if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself.