• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

I had to SMH during the Miami-Kansas game yesterday. Miami has a guy, Moore, who committed to Memphis, de-committed & went to Cal, transferred from Cal to Kansas, then from Kansas to DePaul, and then from DePaul to Miami. What a farce. Dude’s probably 24 years old and, if he has any eligibility left, I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers again. I guess the genie is out of the bottle, but it ought to be that you can play immediately after your 1st transfer, but that you have to sit out a year once you’re on your 3rd school. Maybe that would curtail some of the nonsense like a guy playing for 4 schools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I had to SMH during the Miami-Kansas game yesterday. Miami has a guy, Moore, who committed to Memphis, de-committed & went to Cal, transferred from Cal to Kansas, then from Kansas to DePaul, and then from DePaul to Miami. What a farce. Dude’s probably 24 years old and, if he has any eligibility left, I wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers again. I guess the genie is out of the bottle, but it ought to be that you can play immediately after your 1st transfer, but that you have to sit out a year once you’re on your 3rd school. Maybe that would curtail some of the nonsense like a guy playing for 4 schools. 

All these guys staying in school for 6 years. Someone ask Jay Bilas why they are? Must be because they are so hard on cash and need the money with NIL…

5 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

All these guys staying in school for 6 years. Someone ask Jay Bilas why they are? Must be because they are so hard on cash and need the money with NIL…

It’s a mockery when a guy plays for 4 different schools. 3 ain’t much better. I realize it’s naïve, but there’s something to be said for loyalty, pride in your school and playing for the name on the front of your uniform. If I want to watch a bunch of mercenaries who switch teams like most people change socks, I could just as soon watch the NBA

• Like 1

If you want (some) players to stay longer, go back to the redshirt rule where you have to sit out when you transfer unless you are a grad student.

Just read where Rhode Island has 7 guys in the portal. One of them wrote on his IG account something along the lines of “I have decided to enter my name in the transfer portal based on the conversation I had with the incoming coach. We both came to the conclusion that it’s best for me to further my collegiate career with a program more conducive to my style of play.”    

For those not versed in doublespeak, that translates to “the new coach told me he’s bringing in a bunch of his own guys, and consequently my minutes are going to go way down.” 

Edited by TSU88