• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

Hofstra debacle

Awful coaching and strategy when we got to 6 fouls in each half.  You can get 3 empty possessions each half. Just foul!  It’s like they don’t watch tape. 

Tunsrall. Rolle prohete could have come in and did the job. 

Sorry I’m don’t agree with that strategy when you are ahead. I’d rather press as we did at the end of the first half. Also, why would you want to put them in the double bonus with our proclivity to foul and with Wright-Foreman’s ability to get to the line

The only time you foul when you're ahead is if you're up 3 with under 7 seconds left so you don't give up a tying 3.  Unfortunately, Hofstra didn't hang on to the ball that long to put that strategy in place.  Playing that hack-a-whoever game is pretty bush league and at the college level, fouling a guy off the ball in a hack-a-player situation could be called intentional and then you're giving up possession anyway.

I'm fully aware I'm late to this post, esp. since we destroyed W&M but you guys are unreal.  This is a conference regular season game.  While I know conference playoff seeding is important, I believe that motivating the players and finding the right lineups in the right situations is more important.  Am I happy Mike sat the last 18 minutes, not at all.  But in all reality maybe PS is sending him a message that he needs to pull his head out of his A$$ and contribute more than just offense when he's in the game. Mat has said all year, we aren't big and we need help getting rebounds, when our 6'5" SG/SF has 0 the coach won't be happy.  

I 10000000000% want us to win every game, but on the off chance we lose a couple, all is fine if we win the conference title.  If you look at what the team has done since conference season has started is Beat the preseason #1 and then go on the road and be the team that is 5-0.  I feel as though this team can beat anyone, anywhere, any night.  As long as they believe that as well, are healthy and remain confident by March, you guys need to stop overreacting over every loss.  These are 18-23 yr old young men, you can't expect them to be perfect every night they step on the floor.  When you work a perfect day all year you can judge them. 

25 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I'm fully aware I'm late to this post, esp. since we destroyed W&M but you guys are unreal.  This is a conference regular season game.  While I know conference playoff seeding is important, I believe that motivating the players and finding the right lineups in the right situations is more important.  Am I happy Mike sat the last 18 minutes, not at all.  But in all reality maybe PS is sending him a message that he needs to pull his head out of his A$$ and contribute more than just offense when he's in the game. Mat has said all year, we aren't big and we need help getting rebounds, when our 6'5" SG/SF has 0 the coach won't be happy.  

I 10000000000% want us to win every game, but on the off chance we lose a couple, all is fine if we win the conference title.  If you look at what the team has done since conference season has started is Beat the preseason #1 and then go on the road and be the team that is 5-0.  I feel as though this team can beat anyone, anywhere, any night.  As long as they believe that as well, are healthy and remain confident by March, you guys need to stop overreacting over every loss.  These are 18-23 yr old young men, you can't expect them to be perfect every night they step on the floor.  When you work a perfect day all year you can judge them. 

What we do is an incredibly mild reaction to most boards. I try and wait about an hour after games because a loss like Hofstra is such an emotional one. Skerry may have lost patience with Morsell when he's having a bad game (he has many), but there's no excuse not to having him late in games just because he has zero rebounds. He's a sensitive kid but you just don't know what you're going to get from him. So Pat benches him and he goes wild against W&M. He also benched him late against Elon.

As far as judging, come on. This is what these boards are for. If we didn't judge, even college players, this would be a boring board. We could just bash Rob and Pat till they stop coaching. But I look at this as a release for people to whine and bitch about losing games like Hofstra or Pitt or Elon. I'm still concerned about how we play in close games. But that's more on the coach and his staff to figure it out then the players.

No, we can't go undefeated. But losing those leads and not finishing off games like Pitt, Elon, and Hofstra are painful. You can excuse Charleston or Oakland because we just got outplayed. And sure, I think conflict makes this board more interesting than just everybody raising the pom-poms.

The good news is that this team isn't coached by PK or MJ or MH so we have a shot.