• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tgr4life

Conference Name Change?

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I mean all of the schools are made up of states from the original colonies. Isn’t that how it got it’s name?

fun fact 3 of the schools predate the year 1776

This is exactly why I think the conference name makes perfect sense, unlike some generic crappy name like the Horizon or Summit. If I’m not mistaken, every state that comprised the original 13 colonies (those evil doers who, you know, fought a successful revolution and came up with the Bill of Rights) except Georgia & Connecticut is represented in the Colonial. Keep the damn name 

• Like 2

William & Mary is the only original member left. This is not the real Colonial, but I'd like to keep the CAA logo and abbreviation. But that's just me. I don't know if it's a done deal. I haven't heard this from any source, but doesn't mean it's not true or they are not discussing it

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

This is exactly why I think the conference name makes perfect sense, unlike some generic crappy name like the Horizon or Summit. If I’m not mistaken, every state that comprised the original 13 colonies (those evil doers who, you know, fought a successful revolution and came up with the Bill of Rights) except Georgia & Connecticut is represented in the Colonial. Keep the damn name 

The summit league in the Great Plains where the elevation isn’t very high!  Could be worse, the big ten with 17463 teams. Or the Atlantic 10 with 16 teams including ones in Missouri Ohio illinois and western pa 😂

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The summit league in the Great Plains where the elevation isn’t very high!  Could be worse, the big ten with 17463 teams. Or the Atlantic 10 with 16 teams including ones in Missouri Ohio illinois and western pa 😂

Your point is well taken; to a point. Conference jumping has rendered certain conference names antiquated. That’s not the case with the CAA however. Your Summit league argument is clever; almost lawyer like 😆

9 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Your point is well taken; to a point. Conference jumping has rendered certain conference names antiquated. That’s not the case with the CAA however. Your Summit league argument is clever; almost lawyer like 😆

Haha.  The league does run for Orono Maine to Charleston South Carolina. With some big city schools, suburbanites, country, beach, old geezers, etc. It is pretty diverse which is cool but will likely be it’s downfall.