• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB overcomes slow start to upend LIU 74-64

Ankle injuries tend to linger like the back. 
Man I hope Hicks and Gibson can get healthy by next month for conference play.  
Glad they got the win and Conway is getting some run.  
Need more from you SS!!!  Not to pick on him.  I think he will step up.  

The Northern Iowa game will tell us a lot about our team 2 weeks from now.  They aren’t a big team but they are balanced and share the ball. 

Healthy or not next month..  this squad is going at least 10-8 in CAA play or better. 

30 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

The Northern Iowa game will tell us a lot about our team 2 weeks from now.  They aren’t a big team but they are balanced and share the ball. 

Healthy or not next month..  this squad is going at least 10-8 in CAA play or better. 

Not a good league. I'd be shocked if we weren't 12-6 or better, but who knows? The injuries keep piling up and we'd be in trouble. We have to get Gibby back in order to compete so it's not looking good until conference play starts in a few weeks. Cam and CT will step up in conference play. We need the others to make plays. I don't want to continue to get on SS, but I think PS has to make a decision by going with the productive player at the backup 4. Cam is going to have to play 35-38 minutes every night like the Hofstra guys, but they play zone. Might play more Tyler Coleman, who at least may have a perimeter game but is kind of unathletic. 

• Like 1

We were bad the first half but the camerwork and production were maybe the worst I've ever seen and that's saying a lot having watched this crap over the last 15 years. Never a good thing to show replays in the middle of a game as the action is going on and missing baskets. It did get better in the second half as did we.

9 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

What makes you think the Uni game? They are 1-4 albeit with a tough schedule, and are likely the worst of the remaining 4 ooc teams. 
I am doubtful (shocker) that we are our often injured point guards anytime soon. 
Conway does look to have some clutch in him. Hit a few late big threes the last couple of games. 
10-8? Lol

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What makes you think the Uni game? They are 1-4 albeit with a tough schedule, and are likely the worst of the remaining 4 ooc teams. 
I am doubtful (shocker) that we are our often injured point guards anytime soon. 
Conway does look to have some clutch in him. Hit a few late big threes the last couple of games. 
10-8? Lol

Northern Iowa similar size team to us is all.  
I’m not expecting us to win at Clemson.  
If we can play them tough in Chicago without the services of Gibson and Hicks most likely than I think this team will be ok the rest of the way.  
Of course I want to finish better than 10-8 but I don’t know what other setbacks may occur. 
I just don’t see this team collapsing this season.  They will find a way to win each night despite who is playing.  
And how bout Cam recently??  Playing excellent!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

If Cam, Charles, and Nick are all playing at a high level this team will be able to compete. We have some bench guys that can produce a few quality minutes for us as well. Next man up, towson toughness. Sylla has to learn how to put the ball in the basket same goes for May. Conway showing some encouraging progress. CB is improved, still haven’t seen much of the Parr brothers. Sucks for Rahdir, he was set to have a big year. 

Intrigued by the comments Pat made about the performance staff not having Gibson ready. Some drama in the doctors office? Hope he can get back soon he was playing great before the injury bug came back. 

p.s. I’m $9.10 richer betting $10 on LIU to cover the 20 point spread. Wish our guys were better at scoring points but hey thanks to skerryball I’m gonna get an iced coffee and donuts with my winnings!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blounge said:

If Cam, Charles, and Nick are all playing at a high level this team will be able to compete. We have some bench guys that can produce a few quality minutes for us as well. Next man up, towson toughness. Sylla has to learn how to put the ball in the basket same goes for May. Conway showing some encouraging progress. CB is improved, still haven’t seen much of the Parr brothers. Sucks for Rahdir, he was set to have a big year. 

Intrigued by the comments Pat made about the performance staff not having Gibson ready. Some drama in the doctors office? Hope he can get back soon he was playing great before the injury bug came back. 

p.s. I’m $9.10 richer betting $10 on LIU to cover the 20 point spread. Wish our guys were better at scoring points but hey thanks to skerryball I’m gonna get an iced coffee and donuts with my winnings!

Big year?!  Based off what

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Big year?!  Based off what

Based on how much he improved from freshman year. Getting more game experience when Gibson got re-injured. Could have been the CAA leader in steals.

there’s this other guy nick Timberlake who was not very good his freshman year but ended up getting pretty darn good after having more time in the program 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Imagine if our coach was this cool

Kim would have fired PS for saying that but imagine if we sold out our student section? Kind of tough comparing us to a Big 10 program that won on ESPN. But we can always dream