• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB visits UNCW on Saturday night

I see tomorrow’s game as pivotal-lose & we’re at .500 in the conference & treading water. Win & we’re 5-3 & coming home with momentum.

This isn’t your father’s UNCW, but they’re still dangerous, especially with Cacock, who’s averaging 18 ppg & 13 boards. 

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and excited that I stumbled upon it.  Go Tigers!

Regarding the UNCW game tonight, these are the games that this Towson team should put away early.  As a proud alum and interested fan, I've exchanged emails with our AD in the last several months regarding the state of TU hoops, and he's been VERY confidant that this year's team will be the one that breaks the NCAA Tourney drought.  I think it's time to either have the breakthrough season we've all been waiting for or begin taking a hard-look at the coaching staff, if it doesn't happen.

Welcome Atlanta!! Always nice to hear new voices. 

I’m naturally a glass half empty guy, so I have angst about tonight’s game. Road W’s in conference are hard to come by. It would be nice to come out & jump on them early, especially since we seem to have 1-2 stretches a game where there seems to be a lid on the hoop.

As to this being a make or break season, Skerry just was given a contract extension, so I doubt he’d be on the hot seat if we don’t go dancing in March. I agree though we need to take the next step, which is getting to the tournament. Skerry resurrected a moribund program, graduates players & is a good recruiter, but ultimately will be judged by whether he gets us to the tournament or whether we tread water & remain on the outside looking in.

38 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and excited that I stumbled upon it.  Go Tigers!

Regarding the UNCW game tonight, these are the games that this Towson team should put away early.  As a proud alum and interested fan, I've exchanged emails with our AD in the last several months regarding the state of TU hoops, and he's been VERY confidant that this year's team will be the one that breaks the NCAA Tourney drought.  I think it's time to either have the breakthrough season we've all been waiting for or begin taking a hard-look at the coaching staff, if it doesn't happen.

Welcome to the board. We are all hopeful about this team because even with our flaws, there is no UNCW that should just dominate the league. Even Charleston has flaws but the coaching staff isn't going anywhere, nor should they even if they don't get there. Winning 20+ games for 4 of 5 years (assuming that happens) is not the ultimate goal, but when you've had a program that went through 15 straight losing seasons, that's an impressive feat. What they need to show in the next month-and-a-half is that they can finish close games again. They did during that 10-game winning streak but we all know after that, there were the three games we basically gave away.

Join us to chat during the games if you want. It's sort of the wild west compared to this mild board because I delete everything after the game.

This one is really important. The top 7 in this league are separated by very little. We lose games like this one, we could find ourselves playing on the first day of the CAA tournament.

1 hour ago, TigersTigers said:

This one is really important. The top 7 in this league are separated by very little. We lose games like this one, we could find ourselves playing on the first day of the CAA tournament.

That's a bit extreme but I would say more like winning the league would be extremely difficult if you are 4-4. You have to beat those teams on the road to win the top seed. We're not playing CofC again. We have Delaware twice, Drexel one more time. We should split with NE. Play W&M at home. None of those are automatic. Then again, CofC lost at Drexel two weeks ago. I don't know what to think about this league right now other than it's damn competitive.