• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Limping into conference play

Maybe more like crawling, but hey, we did win the 2nd half today šŸ„¹

This team is scoring challenged, which unfortunately is a common theme during the Skerry era. In 8 of our 13 games weā€™ve scored under 70 points. The shooting today was dismal-35% overall & 22% from 3, punctuated by a combined 10-42 from the field from Holden, Conway, Timberlake and Sylla.Ā 

Iā€™m not buying that Gibsonā€™s return (if he does even return) will be the cavalry coming to the rescue. Would his return help? Sure (at this point anything would help) but Iā€™m highly skeptical a career 9ppg & 2apg guy is suddenly going to steer this Titanic away from the iceberg.

I donā€™t follow the other CAA basketball teams, but itā€™s hard for me to imagine our ceiling is more than 10 conference wins, if that, followed by our annual flop in the conference tournament.Ā 

How many more years of this do we have to endure?Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Maybe more like crawling, but hey, we did win the 2nd half today šŸ„¹

This team is scoring challenged, which unfortunately is a common theme during the Skerry era. In 8 of our 13 games weā€™ve scored under 70 points. The shooting today was dismal-35% overall & 22% from 3, punctuated by a combined 10-42 from the field from Holden, Conway, Timberlake and Sylla.Ā 

Iā€™m not buying that Gibsonā€™s return (if he does even return) will be the cavalry coming to the rescue. Would his return help? Sure (at this point anything would help) but Iā€™m highly skeptical a career 9ppg & 2apg guy is suddenly going to steer this Titanic away from the iceberg.

I donā€™t follow the other CAA basketball teams, but itā€™s hard for me to imagine our ceiling is more than 10 conference wins, if that, followed by our annual flop in the conference tournament.Ā 

How many more years of this do we have to endure?Ā 

Ā 

Too many. Ā 
Ā Caa outside of 3/4 teams is bad. We are in the bad category. We all bought into the hype of this teams. But 8-5 after a favorable schedule is not good! Ā So many returning players and we have regressed. This is on the staff once again. FailuresĀ 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Too many. Ā 
Ā Caa outside of 3/4 teams is bad. We are in the bad category. We all bought into the hype of this teams. But 8-5 after a favorable schedule is not good! Ā So many returning players and we have regressed. This is on the staff once again. FailuresĀ 

You touched on a point I neglected to mention in my first post. Itā€™s not so much that we appear to be a mediocre team, itā€™s all the preseason hype which Iā€™m sure many of us bought into that makes this even more of a bitter pill.Ā 

3 preseason 1st team all conference players; ranked #71 in the country by cbssports.com; highly ranked in mid-major polls; tabbed as a potential bracket buster during March madness. And this is what we get? Really? Wow šŸ˜®Ā 
Ā 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

You touched on a point I neglected to mention in my first post. Itā€™s not so much that we appear to be a mediocre team, itā€™s all the preseason hype which Iā€™m sure many of us bought into that makes this even more of a bitter pill.Ā 

3 preseason 1st team all conference players; ranked #71 in the country by cbssports.com; highly ranked in mid-major polls; tabbed as a potential bracket buster during March madness. And this is what we get? Really? Wow šŸ˜®Ā 
Ā 

Yup and with 6 seniors too

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yup and with 6 seniors too

Of the players who would have any eligibility left after this season, who would you even want back? CT, Conway, and May would be about it, I think. Letā€™s see a show of hands of those who have confidence that Skerry will bring in a quality PG and 1 or more volume scorers next seasonĀ 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Ā 

I very nearly bought season tickets for the first time in my life, although I very nearly bought many season's worth of individual tickets over the years.. Terribly disappointing!! šŸ˜’

2 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

I very nearly bought season tickets for the first time in my life, although I very nearly bought many season's worth of individual tickets over the years.. Terribly disappointing!! šŸ˜’

The mind numbing thing is reconciling ourselves to the fact that we have to suffer through this dreck for at least another 3 seasons after this oneĀ 

• Sad 1

SOT

Usually, look fwd to the men's lacrosse season at times like this. But I'm not seeing much hope there in 2023..

So for me, I'll be looking fwd to coach Shinnick's 1st season. Even though I dont expect much w all the transition involved, at least it should provide some gauge for '24 and beyond.Ā 

We really are in for a beat down against Charleston on New Yearā€™s Eve if we donā€™t get our sh*t together quick! Pat Skerry why canā€™t you run a good offense! Your seat is warming up! Dr. E got rid Rob, he will get rid of you too Pat!

Just now, Blounge said:

We really are in for a beat down against Charleston on New Yearā€™s Eve if we donā€™t get our sh*t together quick! Pat Skerry why canā€™t you run a good offense! Your seat is warming up! Dr. E got rid Rob, he will get rid of you too Pat!

As Lee Corso would say, ā€œnot so fast my friend.ā€ Skerryā€™s contract runs through at least the end of the 2025-2026 season. If thereā€™s one thing we know, TU isnā€™t buying out a football (Ambrose) or basketball (Kennedy) coaches contractĀ