For the season now… Primary Ball Handlers 

Conway/Hicks combos *combined stats 

37 minutes a game/63 assists/39 turnovers 

Cam Holden 

34 minutes a game/105 assists/76 turnovers 

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Nic is feeling it 🔥

Save some for March 

NT is definitely in a groove. Wonder when was the last time we had a player score 30+ in consecutive games?🤔. Another Swiss Army knife game from Holden (loved his dish in the 2nd half to CT for a dunk. Imagine how many points CT would have if he were a better finisher, outside of dunks that is). 

My unsung hero tonight was Hicks, with his tenacious D, passing and even a couple of nice drives for baskets. 

Conway still looks tentative to me. Hoping come tournament time he can return to being a legit 3- point scorer. Note to Skerry-limit Sylla’s minutes. I’d rather his minutes go to May. 

On to Philly for a huge game Saturday. A W would go a long way towards locking in a top 4 finish in the conference regular season 

• Like 2

Nic, Charles and Cam

Cam

"They play a smaller lineup. That gave us an edge since we play a more traditional lineup with Charles at center and we posted up. We talked about going inside (at the half). We grabbed rebounds. Towson basketball tonight."

Nic on 30+ points

"Short memory. If I see one, I think I'm hot every time. I take it one shot at a time."

"You can see it build it up. Hofstra was a difficult time. Today we finally pulled it all together. Tonight we finally scored over 50 points combined. All the guys stepped up off the bench."

CT

"It gives our momentum back. Drexel is 6-0 at home. It felt nice (the weekend off). It was nice."

Nic

"Pretty boring. Didn't know what to do. Coming off a loss, I wanted to play right away."

Cam on being point forward 

"I go in timeouts and talk to Jason. I try and get tips from him. I'm 1 through 4. If I need to play point guard or back to the basket guy, I can do that. Whatever the team needs..some nights I can rebound, some nights I can score, playmaker. Some nights I can defend, though some say I can't do, I've been pretty good at it."

CT on playing without Jason

"Not a lot changes. We still do the same thing. Gibby and I played together for a long time and I'm used to playing with Cam."

Nic on playing with Hicks and Conway

"They are developing well. It's cool seeing Ryan grow into a point guard because he's been a scorer all of his life. Look at his HS stats. It's nice to see him move the ball and take care of it. Rad had just one turnover today. He's a pass-first guy. He can get to the rim."

Cam on Hicks

"Radhir was great today. The stats don't show it. He changed the tempo of the game. HE guarded a taller player. Rad is the best on-ball defender we have. When Rad gets in the game, he can guard 6-5+. He gives Nygal a break. Those guys are important to this team."

Pat Skerry opening comments

"Tonight was almost the first game where Nic and Cam played at all-league levels and Charlie did in the second half. We need to ride those guys. Really good to see them play at a high level."

On second half

"Played Radhir more in the second half. He takes care of the ball and takes stress off of Cam from handling the ball too much. He's a valuable asset for us."

"They've had a very good month of practice. They are all meaningful now. Tough game on Saturday. We have to ride those guys. I didn't sub as normally as I have been, but felt I needed to leave those guys on the floor. "

On Gibson

"We tried everything. Doctors. Injections. We burned sage. It's unfortunate because he's such a good player and a good kid. He's an ambassador for our program. He's been out for awhile. We have enough to get where we want to get to. Our guys know that. We have to focus on execution."

On Cam

"He's leading the league in assists. Had a couple of sloppy ones early. He's doing a better job of taking care of the ball. The last two weeks, his habits have been very good at practice. Extra shooting. It's starting to pay off in his performance."

On Nic's confidence

"He's playing at an elite level. He never gets tired. I came in today, he was in so early working out. WHen you have the best player in that early, usually things are going to work out. THe game has slowed down for him. I'm not going to tell you, he's Jarelle (Benimon). There's only one. When you can knock back 30 a night in conference this late, you have a chance to make money playing this game."

"When you have 18-23 year olds, you never know what you get. We were disappointed the other night against Hofstra. They are good. We led for about 37 minutes and didn't get it done. That's what the league come downs to. We haven't won enough close games yet. Hopefully, that will turn in our favor down the stretch."

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

NT is definitely in a groove. Wonder when was the last time we had a player score 30+ in consecutive games?🤔. Another Swiss Army knife game from Holden (loved his dish in the 2nd half to CT for a dunk. Imagine how many points CT would have if he were a better finisher, outside of dunks that is). 

My unsung hero tonight was Hicks, with his tenacious D, passing and even a couple of nice drives for baskets. 

Conway still looks tentative to me. Hoping come tournament time he can return to being a legit 3- point scorer. Note to Skerry-limit Sylla’s minutes. I’d rather his minutes go to May. 

On to Philly for a huge game Saturday. A W would go a long way towards locking in a top 4 finish in the conference regular season 

I'd have to go back to Fobbs or Martin. But maybe all the way back to Gary Neal, which he probably did many times. Morsell was actually close to doing it. Had 32 points against Elon and Drexel in 2017 in February but not BTB.

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I'd have to go back to Fobbs or Martin. But maybe all the way back to Gary Neal, which he probably did many times. Morsell was actually close to doing it. Had 32 points against Elon and Drexel in 2017 in February but not BTB.

I was thinking ZM might have done it. I remember that year he was on 🔥 for a stretch. Didn’t realize Morsell came close. IMHO, Morsell  & NT are the best recruits out of HS, who stayed all the way through, in the Skerry era, with CT not far behind 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

I was thinking ZM might have done it. I remember that year he was on 🔥 for a stretch. Didn’t realize Morsell came close. IMHO, Morsell  & NT are the best recruits out of HS, who stayed all the way through, in the Skerry era, with CT not far behind 

No doubt and JD was a solid recruit but these days, the better the recruit, the more chances they have of ending their career elsewhere.