• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

Ziggy Reid made 44.7% from the field last season and shot his best percentage ever from three at 35.3%. Compare that Drumgoole (35.7% FG), who just committed to Delaware. I think he's probably a lot quicker than Reid and at 6-6, 235, you'd like to think he can average more than 4.1 rebounds per game (5.4 in 20202-1). He does average over 1.0 steals per game and shoots 78.3% from the line. He also gets to the line an average of 4.1 per game. Timberlake went to the line 3.5 times per game (84.5%) and Cam went to the line 5.6 (62.7%).

Personally, I'd love to get one of the two MAAC kids in Thomasson (Niagara) or McCollum (Siena) over Reid, but not sure they are realistic. I think if we got a smaller guard like that then we'd be desperate for a 6-7ish power forward. The Nixon kid from GW is intriguing even though he has rarely played due to injury. He's a 3* at 6-7, 225. If you get Reid, he's got the size to play both forward spots.

47 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Ziggy Reid made 44.7% from the field last season and shot his best percentage ever from three at 35.3%. Compare that Drumgoole (35.7% FG), who just committed to Delaware. I think he's probably a lot quicker than Reid and at 6-6, 235, you'd like to think he can average more than 4.1 rebounds per game (5.4 in 20202-1). He does average over 1.0 steals per game and shoots 78.3% from the line. He also gets to the line an average of 4.1 per game. Timberlake went to the line 3.5 times per game (84.5%) and Cam went to the line 5.6 (62.7%).

Personally, I'd love to get one of the two MAAC kids in Thomasson (Niagara) or McCollum (Siena) over Reid, but not sure they are realistic. I think if we got a smaller guard like that then we'd be desperate for a 6-7ish power forward. The Nixon kid from GW is intriguing even though he has rarely played due to injury. He's a 3* at 6-7, 225. If you get Reid, he's got the size to play both forward spots.

Any of the three would be nice.  Need some guys who can put the hall in thr bucket 

9 more players listed in the portal today from various D1 schools.  
Maybe we do end up landing a program changer to pair alongside CT!?

College basketball season is officially over but I love this “hot stove” league thread Mat has created.  

20 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Estrada will end up where?

Is he in the portal? Thought he would give NBA/G League:overseas a spin 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

This is Exhibit A in what’s wrong with college basketball. If he transfers it’ll be not the first or second time, but rather the 3rd time he’s transferred-Towson to Rhode Island; RI to Rider; Rider to ?? Ridiculous. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I forgot Estrada started out at St Peters

Well, his situation is just as ridiculous as Betrand’s. I blame the NCAA; nobody should be playing for 4 different schools. 2 sure; 3, it depends on the individual circumstances, but a player should have to sit out a year, in between schools 2 & 3, absent exigent circumstances. 4 schools should be a hard no. By that time, go play pro ball or use your degree, from one of the 3 schools you’ve already attended, to get a job