• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, Royal Tiger said:

Know Charles wouldn't be able to play P5 and loves Towson, but props to him for staying around for what is going to be a throwaway year that we won't count against Skerry's record. If this was professional sports, we'd be shopping him for some prospects to rebuild. 8-10 in CAA with a couple of local OOC wins is officially the ceiling in 2023-24.

Depends on the last ship. If Charles doesn’t come back, this team is really in rebuild mode. Now, kind of stuck in the middle. I do think a shooter like Maletic would help a lot, but not sure what the chances of getting him are.

Off-season checklist:

1)Scorer/shooter to replace NT. Not yet

2)Long athletic defender. Check with Sulaiman   

3)Legit power forward to replace Holden and Sylla. Check with Jones and Sulaiman 

4)Better athleticism and finishers in the paint. Incomplete though Sulaiman, Jones and Cole improve the athleticism of the team.

5)Point Guard? That’s a question every year since the mid-90s. Didn’t add one because they feel Williamson might be the answer. Personally, I haven’t seen enough of him to give any kind of determination, but I do know he can shoot and has some quickness. So no.

6)Add more size. Depending on Chase Paar is a risk and Tejada may not be ready so no. Jones and Sulaiman do add a little more size and length but not much. 

Without that big scorer, you’re depending on May, Conway, Williamson and Cole to overachieve in terms of expectations. Will be tough to get a top four seed which is all that matters in league play.

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Maletic could be in the cards.

I hate highlight reels because anyone can look good, but looks like Maletic can hit a lot of the shots Nick hit for us last year, and that he has pretty good range. He is a couple of inches taller than Nick, but doesn't seem nearly as athletic. There is also no evidence of defense in this highlights. Also, with all the hand-wringing of getting D-2 guys, Maletic played on what is probably the equivalent of a mediocre D-2 team. Still, as evidenced in these clips LIU did play some good teams. How seriously those teams guarded Maletic is debatable, but he hit some pretty deep shots in these clips.

I still feel like Maletic would be a good get for us offensively. I just don't know how good we could be defensively if him and Conway were on the court at the same time (event though they are both good shooters). The last mention him associated with Towson or anyone else that I can find is May 5. As you can tell, I am trying to talk this into existence because I feel like he might be the best option remaining. 

Maletic put up 18 against us and Timberlake probably defended or kind of defended him early. Russell slowed him down in the second half. There’s no doubt, Nick is a much better athlete but wasn’t a good defender. I assume Maletic is similar but we survived with two subpar defenders last season. 

At this point, you aren’t going to get the perfect player. We couldn’t get that without a boatload NIL money. If someone can find the next D2 Dalton Bolon, Ante Brzovic or Jaylon Scott, be my guest.

56 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Maletic put up 18 against us and Timberlake probably defended or kind of defended him early. Russell slowed him down in the second half. There’s no doubt, Nick is a much better athlete but wasn’t a good defender. I assume Maletic is similar but we survived with two subpar defenders last season. 

At this point, you aren’t going to get the perfect player. We couldn’t get that without a boatload NIL money. If someone can find the next D2 Dalton Bolon, Ante Brzovic or Jaylon Scott, be my guest.

The guy hit a threes in 21 of their 24 games last year and scored in double figures in 20 of 24 games. He is definitely someone we can use offensively. I have felt all along that him, Tarke, at one point Watson and a few others were our most realistic options. He played a lot of non-competitive garbage time last year, but as much as I hate highlight reels when you watch it the two things that stick out are he has range and can hit some tough shots. Both of these seem like helpful attributes to our offense. He would be a solid get for Towson. 

Interesting database of all of the transfers who have left each D-1 school since 2017. This list actually looks good for Towson because not many have transferred out, and when they have they have gone to pretty good places. I would rather see the opposite version of this list and see who has transferred in to each school. https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/andrew.parrish/viz/NCAATransferTracker/TransferTracker