• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

1 minute ago, RundaPower said:

Heard we beat out two P5’s .   This is coming from someone working in the BB office at a B10 program.  Hmmm

There was some online chatter I saw about Michigan maybe being a place he would wind up. I thought WVU, considering they have multiple roster spots open after Huggins retired 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Heard we beat out two P5’s .   This is coming from someone working in the BB office at a B10 program.  Hmmm

Yeah, appeared that Michigan and Miss. State were involved last second. We've been involved for at least two months. 

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yeah, appeared that Michigan and Miss. State were involved last second. We've been involved for at least two months. 

Kudos to Skerry and his staff for closing the deal, when P5 types were possibly trying to vulture in 

• Like 1

Ok, the ever-changing depth chart. I think May plays more of a 3 role, because Watson can handle it better and become that secondary ballhandler.

C CT (6-7, 250), Paar (6-10, 260)

PF M. Jones (6-5, 230), Sulaiman (6-5, 225), T. Coleman (6-7, 225)

SF C. May (6-5, 212), Lowery, Tejada

SG Watson (6-6, 235), Conway, Cole

PG Hicks or Williamson

Not many teams will overpower us. Not super tall, but very powerful. Good news is that most of these guys can play multiple positions. Watson is big enough to play the 4, but is more of a 2/3. Sulaiman can play the 4 or wing. Conway can play 2 or the 1, Cole might be able to play the 1 and 2. Maybe 3 when he gets stronger. Tejada can play the 3 or 4 but I think ultimately is a post player when he fills out. Lowery is a wing, but when he fills out, who knows. Jones the 4 or small ball 5. Hope some of those Canadian games will be streamed.

Not sure this is a title team, but they have a shot to be a top 4 seed and will be fun to watch because Hicks and Williamson will push it. Assume Watson as well. Would I have liked another 3-point shooter? Sure, that is going to be a question mark outside of May and Conway. Cole and Williamson have the potential. 

Obviously not flawless. At least this points out what he needs to work on and just well, rely more on teammates. It's a team game, but with no proven scorer, he can pretty much try and take over the game in the clutch.

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

1000% committed. Until a better offer comes along 

Dude c’mon. Today’s not the day 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1