• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

2 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Not a bad listen and I am glad the host didn't sugar coat the interview as there were some "tough" questions they threw at him.  Seemed like RA was biting his tongue a little from time to time and that smudgeness of his showed.  All that being said being a classmate of his I wish him well. 

Anyone kind of surprised he didn't pick up a OC or position job somewhere or do you think he really didn't pursue or was offered anything?  The later could be kind of telling.

Agree. While he wasn’t making millions here, he was making plenty. The whining about that is off putting.  I think he was genuine and honest, he just is genuinely smug….

How did he really think that he wasn’t going to be let go?!  New AD, under 500 record in the decade after frisco, 1 playoff appearance.  I think he (and most tiger fans) regret him not jumping ship to a bigger job when that presented itself (if it did). 

• Like 1

He handled some tough questions well but he did have his usual bravado. “I worked with wake forest and USFL guys in Birmingham, and guys are asking me what do you think of this? I could be a football analyst or broadcaster cause I’m really smart” I’m glad his smug ass is gone. Positivity Pete is a breath of fresh air

• Like 4

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/platform/amp/2023/7/29/23802400/fcs-football-2023-south-dakota-state-idaho-north-dakota-state-jackson-state-holy-cross-caa

Will the ever-growing CAA step up to the plate?

The Colonial Athletic Association ... or as it is now officially known... the Coastal Athletic Association... is the biggest FCS league with a whopping 15 teams but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best. The conference added Campbell and North Carolina A&T this year after bringing in Hampton and Monmouth a season ago but the league still feels like it’s struggling to find the program that will propel it back into national relevance since James Madison left.

William & Mary is the current favorite but it’s hard to look past that ugly blowout defeat to Montana State in last year’s playoffs. The Tribe return big names on both sides of the ball but they still need to prove they can hang with the bluebloods. One thing that’ll be working in their favor is a slate that doesn’t feature Delaware, New Hampshire, Villanova or Rhode Island; all playoff hopefuls.

If it isn’t W&M, though, then who takes the torch? The Blue Hens, despite the reinvigoration of adding Ryan Carty as the new head coach last season, had a lackluster end to 2022 going out with a whimper against the champs. Elon didn’t fare any better once they hit the playoffs and Richmond was essentially in the same boat although the Spiders did give Sacramento State a scare in the second round.

With all that in mind, it’s difficult to nail down what the CAA will look like this year at the top and where it sits in the national picture. There’s no question that the Missouri Valley and Big Sky are the most competitive leagues out there and currently it’s not a forgone conclusion that the CAA is even third in that discussion like it used to be.

The baton that JMU left behind is still rolling around for anyone to take.

will anyone be able to stop W&M this year?

On 7/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Agree. While he wasn’t making millions here, he was making plenty. The whining about that is off putting.  I think he was genuine and honest, he just is genuinely smug….

How did he really think that he wasn’t going to be let go?!  New AD, under 500 record in the decade after frisco, 1 playoff appearance.  I think he (and most tiger fans) regret him not jumping ship to a bigger job when that presented itself (if it did). 

I’m not shocked. Does anyone in his position think there was more he could do and deserve to be fired? It’s unlikely. 

21 hours ago, Blounge said:

The fan attendance piece is interesting. He has $$$ motivation to get tickets sold. Maybe it works!

So robs comment on money we’re likely incorrect, shocking