• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Written by Bryan Mauro of Busting Brackets from Nebraska who has a Red Sox blog, I’m sure they’re related. 

Didn’t really do much research.  Checks out

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Didn’t really do much research.  Checks out

I don’t think there’s any question that Tarke has the potential to avg 12-14ppg & be a force on D, given his history as far as rebounds and steals. Obviously we’ll see if he reaches that potential, but there’s certainly cause for optimism 

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I don’t think there’s any question that Tarke has the potential to avg 12-14ppg & be a force on D, given his history as far as rebounds and steals. Obviously we’ll see if he reaches that potential, but there’s certainly cause for optimism 

I’m not saying that he won’t.  I’m saying the rest of it has some inaccuracies. 

The article and author did go overboard but he also pointed out his free throw shooting which wasn’t very good in his first two seasons and was drastically worse last season. He’s a very important cog and late addition to this team. His defense may help more than his offense but I’m hopeful that the offense can come around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

The article and author did go overboard but he also pointed out his free throw shooting which wasn’t very good in his first two seasons and was drastically worse last season. He’s a very important cog and late addition to this team. His defense may help more than his offense but I hopeful that the offense can come around.

That I can agree with. Very happy to have tarke on the team especially how late in the game it is. We have the ability to be very good defensively and seemingly able to switch a lot.  Hopefully that and the increased athleticism and depth, can help overcome some of our shortcomings