• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Anybody start looking at flights and hotels yet???  

Assuming no Dayton 🤞
Spokane  Salt Lake City  Omaha Indianapolis  Pittsburgh Charlotte  Memphis  Brooklyn 

Despite based in San Francisco no way I want to go shithole Spokane or dry Salt Lake City.  

Remaining 6 sound good to me!

March 21-24 

3 months away!  I’ll be wearing my yellow long sleeve Charles Thompson jersey.  Lets make sure we get a group photo 😉

Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Brooklyn are all do able from Maryland! Alumni better show out in force!

• Like 1

Looking at conference schedule, since it’s about that time, we really got royally screwed again. Charleston, uncw, Delaware twice and a road game at Hofstra. That’s 7 games and 4 road against the top 4. Throw in H and H against an improved Monmouth team.  Also have 1 Saturday home game with students which is the penultimate weekend of the season. Not to mention the lack of back to back home games in the same week 

29 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Looking at conference schedule, since it’s about that time, we really got royally screwed again. Charleston, uncw, Delaware twice and a road game at Hofstra. That’s 7 games and 4 road against the top 4. Throw in H and H against an improved Monmouth team.  Also have 1 Saturday home game with students which is the penultimate weekend of the season. Not to mention the lack of back to back home games in the same week 

They know we are a good draw for the away team, UNCW and Charleston were sold out to see the tigers last year

10 minutes ago, Blounge said:

They know we are a good draw for the away team, UNCW and Charleston were sold out to see the tigers last year

…. Probably the opposite.  Those teams sold out a majority of their games anyway. They are basketball schools 

If you have a Twitter please shoot a question out to the greatest towson athletics student journalist we have ever had! Help him grow the brand! He tweets this out every week which is a great opportunity to create more engagement with other towson fans! Also, it’s an Opportunity to hold the coaches, AD, and president accountable in a public forum for what goes on here. Tag towson u, Steve Eigenbrot, Pat, Pete, Ginsburg, heck you can even tag Mike waddle and Tim Leonard! What have you done to make towson athletics better today? 

• Like 3

CAA is 21 in NET (out of 32) behind the socon, big west, big south and America east conferences…with just two teams in the top 125. The bottom three teams (all new comers) are a combined 3-20..

59 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

What are the chances that those students had no idea who were giving them coffee and bagels? Unfortunately, I would not be surprised if most didn't. "I was at the library this morning and it was cool a man and a woman were walking around handing out free coffee and bagels."

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

CAA is 21 in NET (out of 32) behind the socon, big west, big south and America east conferences…with just two teams in the top 125. The bottom three teams (all new comers) are a combined 3-20..

Do you think we should stay in the CAA? Where else would you want to go in the conference re-alignment scenario?