• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2023 Volleyball thread

I’m sure Steve Eigenbrot got a warm welcome to South Carolina when he waltz backed in and watched us whoop an SEC team with an athletics budget 100x ours

should have won today. The coach is good, but gotta have these girls ready to beat any team in the country

The Washington State Tournament with Washington State, UC Irvine and especially BYU should be an interesting one. I expected to beat South Carolina once, and was hoping we could sweep them. Theoretically based on what we have done the last couple of years, and what they are projected to do we are a better team. This team has built up expectations to crazy levels at this point. We can do that from the outside, but from the inside to have a dominant run like they have had I am sure they are very process-oriented about getting better. There are so many parts to volleyball for a team to be synched up that it seems tough to play well the first week or two, event when you have a ton of experience. The Washington State Tournament is interesting, because I believe we will have seven matches of player under our belt, and will be facing solid competition. We had seven matches under our belt entering the Pittsburgh Tournament last year when played that amazing match, and also grabbed a solid NET win over Bowling Green. 

Watching them play now. I know it’s the schools feed but this needs to be cleaned up ASAP if it’s going to be on actual tv. 
 Lagging, Skipping, horrific picture quality. 

It’s the visual equivalent of spiro and Gordy “commentating”. 🤢 

Not going to crush them on their first telecast of volleyball on NBCSW. I don't know what happened with the telecast tonight. Issues with the main camera, not showing Metil at the end and only him from behind. I do have to give the play-by-play guy a lot of credit. That sport has to be very difficult to do on your own without a color analyst. Would probably make sense to get a former Vball player as they normally do for gymnastics, WBB and other sports. Maybe that person was unable to show up.

20 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Not going to crush them on their first telecast of volleyball on NBCSW. I don't know what happened with the telecast tonight. Issues with the main camera, not showing Metil at the end and only him from behind. I do have to give the play-by-play guy a lot of credit. That sport has to be very difficult to do on your own without a color analyst. Would probably make sense to get a former Vball player as they normally do for gymnastics, WBB and other sports. Maybe that person was unable to show up.

Ok might be unfair to crush them. The broadcasts from our peer institutions lap us and then some. If the ad is listening to this board. We don’t care about bucket hats, and other dumb things. The quality of broadcasts is huge!  New crews, cameras, announcers etc!

The play by play guy was good. He was knowledgeable and sounded good. Volleyball, like most here isn’t my strength or interest, but I didn't mind him.

they have won early on, but scores haven’t been pretty. are they suffering from the hype of the last few years like men’s hoops circa 2022-23 or is this a bigger concern?

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Ok might be unfair to crush them. The broadcasts from our peer institutions lap us and then some. If the ad is listening to this board. We don’t care about bucket hats, and other dumb things. The quality of broadcasts is huge!  New crews, cameras, announcers etc!

The play by play guy was good. He was knowledgeable and sounded good. Volleyball, like most here isn’t my strength or interest, but I didn't mind him.

they have won early on, but scores haven’t been pretty. are they suffering from the hype of the last few years like men’s hoops circa 2022-23 or is this a bigger concern?

The other broadcasts in the CAA aren't all that great. I've watched hundreds of other broadcasts and they don't lap us. Especially production-wise. The only games I really watch at TSN, other than replays, are WBB and they do a decent job with production and PBP. Should we put more $$$ into it? Of course. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

This was not a shining moment tonight. Hopefully, they improve as the weekend goes on. Maybe has something to do with the fact that Ben Rosenbaum just had a kid and might not have been available to produce it.

• Haha 1