• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Canada Thread

Game 1 vs. University of Toronto. Up 41-28

First half impressions from the box score/live stats

*Way too many fouls. May and Sulaiman already have three fouls

*Freshmen apparently look pretty good. Tejada had 6 points an 2 rebs. Lowery with 3 pts, 2 steals and 2 rebs.

*CT on the struggle bus with two missed layups, two missed FTs and two fouls

*Messiah Jones dominating the paint and the glass. 11pts, and 4 rebs. 

*Shot 48.6% from the field and 3-7 from 3pt, but just 4 of 9 from the line.

*Outrebounded Toronto by just 4. Seven assists and five turnovers not bad.

*Hicks had 3 pts, 1 assist and no turnovers. Did hit a rare 3.

*Watson had 7 points and 3 rebounds in the first five minutes and then didn't play the rest of the half.

*12 FASTBREAK POINTS!

More later

Watson played a little in the second half. Not sure if he was nicked up but he kept coming back and they didn't really need him. 

Ok, so good result considering the circumstances that just came out about Ryan Conway. Check the general basketball thread, but there is a bright side to that and I'll explain it there. At least what I can.

In less significant news, Towson wins big 90-58 Marcus Watson played just 8 minutes and scored 7 points. He came back a couple of times in the second half. Not sure if there was an injury issue but they certainly didn't need him. May with 15 points, Sulamain with 12 points, CT with 8 pts and 9 rebs, but 0-3 from the line. Took a 3 and missed. Messiah Jones with 11 points and 4 rebs. Sulaiman had 7 rebounds. Tejada had a nice game with 10 points and 5 rebounds. He hit a 3. Williamson with 8 pts, 4 assists and just 1 turnover. He hit 2 treys. Hicks had 5 pts and 3 assists, but 3 turnovers.

My guy Mekhi Lowery with 6 steals, 7 pts and 5 rebs. Cole Paar! with 7 points and a board. His brother Chase did not play nor did Tyler Coleman, who was dealing with a back issue.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Ok, so good result considering the circumstances that just came out about Ryan Conway. Check the general basketball thread, but there is a bright side to that and I'll explain it there. At least what I can.

In less significant news, Towson wins big 90-58 Marcus Watson played just 8 minutes and scored 7 points. He came back a couple of times in the second half. Not sure if there was an injury issue but they certainly didn't need him. May with 15 points, Sulamain with 12 points, CT with 8 pts and 9 rebs, but 0-3 from the line. Took a 3 and missed. Messiah Jones with 11 points and 4 rebs. Sulaiman had 7 rebounds. Tejada had a nice game with 10 points and 5 rebounds. He hit a 3. Williamson with 8 pts, 4 assists and just 1 turnover. He hit 2 treys. Hicks had 5 pts and 3 assists, but 3 turnovers.

My guy Mekhi Lowery with 6 steals, 7 pts and 5 rebs. Cole Paar! with 7 points and a board. His brother Chase did not play nor did Tyler Coleman, who was dealing with a back issue.

Love the production from the diaper dandies. Williamson knocks down a couple of 3’s and a 4:1 assist to TO ratio. Tejada with 10 & 5 and Lowery with 6 steals!! Now, I have no clue what Toronto is the equivalent of; D2 or D3, but a good way to start our barnstorming tour of the great white north 

Again, considering the circumstances with Watson playing 8 minutes and scoring at will to start the game (7pts in 5 mins) and Cole not playing in his home country, this was a very solid outing. Rebounds +12. Expected. Fastbreak points? 22-2. Ok, we did force 17 turnovers. 14 assists to 12 turnovers. Not bad for first game on the trip. I expected more. Three-pint shooting (5-14) is likely going to be an issue all year and it wasn't dreadful tonight. May and Williamson might be best 3 point shooters. I'd put Tejada in there as well, but not everyone can play.

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Again, considering the circumstances with Watson playing 8 minutes and scoring at will to start the game (7pts in 5 mins) and Cole not playing in his home country, this was a very solid outing. Rebounds +12. Expected. Fastbreak points? 22-2. Ok, we did force 17 turnovers. 14 assists to 12 turnovers. Not bad for first game on the trip. I expected more. Three-pint shooting (5-14) is likely going to be an issue all year and it wasn't dreadful tonight. May and Williamson might be best 3 point shooters. I'd put Tejada in there as well, but not everyone can play.

The FT Shooting and 3s were not pretty, on paper since we didn’t see it, and the later will now be an issue all year after what has come to life 

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

The FT Shooting and 3s were not pretty, on paper since we didn’t see it, and the later will now be an issue all year after what has come to life 

If it goes to trial, sure. Three-point shooting will be an issue. It wasn't great with him. That's assuming he was going to play 12-15mpg. Now, Cole will need to play some minutes, but there might be a twist to this whole situation.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

If it goes to trial, sure. Three-point shooting will be an issue. It wasn't great with him. That's assuming he was going to play 12-15mpg. Now, Cole will need to play some minutes, but there might be a twist to this whole situation.

Meaning.. someone new?

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

Meaning.. someone new?

Possibly. It sort of has another more minor situation of its own attached.