• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB gets blown out at Colorado

54 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Look, I’m no Skerry apologist (I criticized the insane contract extension he got and have not hesitated to draw attention to his record of futility in the CAA tournament). That being said, I think it’s a little premature, after 1 game, to hang him in effigy. Let’s face it, we lost last night to what appeared to my uneducated eye (I was there last night) to be a pretty damn good team. We played this team, in their house, without 4 players, who through no fault of Skerry, were not available to us last night (Watson, Cole, Conway and Tarke). 

There will be plenty of time, as the season goes on, to critique, but let’s put the torches & pitchforks down, at least for now. Personally, I think Thursday vs Coppin will be a much better barometer than last night in Boulder 

That wasn’t a burn in effigy post (this time atleast). Those were just stared facts. It’s sobering and sad we haven’t really gone anywhere in ten plus years.  Stagnant.  

with that sad please let’s stop the missing Conway piece. If Conway was here we wouldn’t have (or have not) tarke. So we were down 3 players. 1 a freshman who woulda been an end of game piece 

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

with that sad please let’s stop the missing Conway piece. If Conway was here we wouldn’t have (or have not) tarke. So we were down 3 players. 1 a freshman who woulda been an end of game piece 

Let’s assume you’re right, that Tarke doesn’t come here but for Conway’s situation. So, Tarke averaged in double digits last season, along with Watson who averaged 14ppg. Now, does that mean they would have scored 25-30 points last night? Who knows. But I think reasonable minds can agree that having those two guys last night (and more importantly, throughout the season) would make this a much more potent offense. As to your out-of-hand conclusion that Cole would be an end of bench guy, how do you know that? I mean really. Ok, maybe I’m wrong that he could be impactful, but it’s also possible you could wrong as well 

Edited by TSU88

Watson and Tarke are our two best players. CT is third. Not having our top two really hurts. Praying we get Tarke back. If not, we’re in for a long season. 

14 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s assume you’re right, that Tarke doesn’t come here but for Conway’s situation. So, Tarke averaged in double digits last season, along with Watson who averaged 14ppg. Now, does that mean they would have scored 25-30 points last night? Who knows. But I think reasonable minds can agree that having those two guys last night (and more importantly, throughout the season) would make this a much more potent offense. As to your out-of-hand conclusion that Cole would be an end of bench guy, how do you know that? I mean really. Ok, maybe I’m wrong that he could be impactful, but it’s also possible you could wrong as well 

Well we wouldn’t have had an open spot if Conway wasn’t in trouble, so it’s not really an assumption. Both those guys would obviously help us a ton. Not debating that. They both are coming from Robin roles at their previous schools, so it’s not foregone that they would put as good of numbers here now having to be the guy.  But it doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t put up better either. You could say that if tarke played Monday, Williamson would have a smaller role. Just playing devils advocate on things we really don’t know

I could be very well be wrong about Cole. But what I do know is a guy coming off an injury and a freshman is likely to play very little under pat. 

Edited by TuTigers2012