• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB holds on to beat Robert Morris 66-62

39 minutes ago, tualum said:

For some reason I sense sarcasm in the positivity with 2012..😅

Zero sarcasm. Wish we could play more solid mid majors. Helps in the long run. This team, currently, is very average and the margin for error is small. Some of the younger guys have been more impressive than the upperclassman.  

Just now, TSU88 said:

Tarke was very engaged during timeouts. I feel bad for him, but maybe, just maybe, he’ll see the court sometime this season 

Hopefully, he doesn't end up like our WR John Dunmore, who just got eligible on the day of the 10th game of the season. 

32 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We’ll come out of the Charleston tournament 2-4, but I’m not sure it’s a certainty that this is the last time we’ll be above .500 this season. 

But I do agree these are the kind of rock fight games we’ll have to win. I take it as a positive thst we pulled out a close W, given our past struggles in this area. RMU struck me as a pretty decent team. Their guy Williams was a 4-star recruit who transferred in from LSU.

I liked Lowery’s play, with 2 dunks. He can be disruptive on D. Sulaiman looked good tonight, and Tejada may be a real find (he also had 3 assists tonight). Maybe he’ll be the 1st Skerry freshman to avg in double digits. No question we don’t have a go-to scorer, but May will hopefully improve as the season progresses, to go with CT, who I thought was pretty dominant inside tonight, with 14 & 10. 

This. We are going to lose a few because the offense and play calling is below average  (being nice). Maybe the style of 10-11 players averaging 12-18 mpg like Charleston works. Play the hot hands that night. 

Sulaiman's game intrigues me the most of the frontcourt players. He was 4 of 4 tonight, 1 of 1 from 3pt and hit his one FT attempt. I still wonder if Jones is better coming off the bench at power forward and center. Tomiwa had two post ups where he went up with the left hand and finished both times. He also hit a 3. Defensively, he moves well and is athletic. Jones might be a slightly better rebounder but he's one of those guys like Tejada, who I didn't love right away in practice. But by the last practice, I started wondering whether he could play some 3. The major weakness for him and many of our guys is a lack of handle. But I was impressed tonight.

At this moment without those two guards, Williamson has to really step up. Hicks hit two big free throws at the end, but he had no assists. I'd like to see him and Dylan drive and kick to a shooter. Williamson has to get better shots but again, that's tough when he's running the point. 

Ok so some takeaways from the game experience yesterday. 

Good: new court is nice and clean. New graphics and video features are an upgrade. New PA announcer was good and not over the top (just need better radio/tv now!!)  new hoop got out their quickly but no one seemed to measure/level it until AFTER the team came back up and got shots up 

Bad: concessions. Only 2 of the 3 stands open. Of that 3 total registers. That’s not enough especially during media time outs and half time, even for our small crowds. The selection for actual food was a gross looking hotdog or Ledo pizza (lol).  Not looking for a 5 star meal but there needs to be better options.  Prices were random and was charged different than the menu listed (just a bad look). Oh and the pizzas didn’t get delivered to the stall until ~6:40. Band was kind of lame and say a lot. Hate their countdown chants. 

Ugly:  SAFE. I’m not a safe hater like some here but the crew there last night was awful.  Took 10-15 minutes to get 4-5 people through security at 6:10. Nope that can’t happen.  The folks with the wand were absolutely nasty (like worse than me after a loss, nasty!). We cannot have a line 75 deep outside for a game with that few people in attendance.  They were also yelling at people standing on the concourse that we were blocking concessions and peoples view.  Extremely rude to talk to paying customers like that. If you want everyone to sit (and I’m good with that) to make it seem more full. Great. But there’s a way to go about it. 

These things may seem little and unimportant but it makes us seem bush league at times 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Good: new court is nice and clean. New graphics and video features are an upgrade. New PA announcer was good and not over the top (just need better radio/tv now!!)  new hoop got out their quickly but no one seemed to measure/level it until AFTER the team came back up and got shots up 

Bad: concessions. Only 2 of the 3 stands open. Of that 3 total registers. That’s not enough especially during media time outs and half time, even for our small crowds. The selection for actual food was a gross looking hotdog or Ledo pizza (lol).  Not looking for a 5 star meal but there needs to be better options.  Prices were random and was charged different than the menu listed (just a bad look). Oh and the pizzas didn’t get delivered to the stall until ~6:40. Band was kind of lame and say a lot. Hate their countdown chants. 

Ugly:  SAFE. I’m not a safe hater like some here but the crew there last night was awful.  Took 10-15 minutes to get 4-5 people through security at 6:10. Nope that can’t happen.  The folks with the wand were absolutely nasty (like worse than me after a loss, nasty!). We cannot have a line 75 deep outside for a game with that few people in attendance.  They were also yelling at people standing on the concourse that we were blocking concessions and peoples view.  Extremely rude to talk to paying customers like that. If you want everyone to sit (and I’m good with that) to make it seem more full. Great. But there’s a way to go about it. 

These things may seem little and unimportant but it makes us seem bush league at times 

These are extremely important points!

these college kids are sensitive and if they feel disrespected they will never come back. SAFE should be FRIENDLY not AGRESSIVE. College kids are also scared of police for the most part, they don’t want any authority figures in their face bossing them around. Being a greeter, wand waver, ticket collecter should not be a difficult job. Why is it always an incompetent miserable person from SAFE working these towson events? 

concessions: DP Dough has been looking for a new manager for a while, restaurant hasn’t been open. I know they were a food partner last year. Definitely could have use the calzones last night to add some variety. Maybe call up “Ice Queens” to have a pop up snowball stand for something different? Chick fil A chicken Sammy’s would be another sensible option.

any person going to a towson sporting event student or not should be celebrated not aggravated. Everyone involved needs to take a hard look at the fan experience and how it can be improved. Parking is always a hassle, we don’t need mean security guards, and incompetent pizza delivery people on top of that. Hard to sell season tickets to such poorly run events. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

These are good points.  Do we need the staff to watch “Road House” đŸŽ„ and Daulton’s message of “Be nice”??!!

In this day and age how can you get concessions wrong???   Simple selections that can easily be expedited. 
Nachos should be the number 1 seller!

And why not have a guest vendor for each game who brings his cart in the arena and makes 100+ specialty items to eat. EG/Cheesesteak or Burrito etc.   Promote that local individual on the jumbo tron at the start of the game.  EG/ “We have George & Sally here from the Caracas Cantina sellIng their Baltimore famous Arepas!!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1