• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax Thread 2024

just watched the local news report on Hopkins. Senior and graduate team returning 9 of 10 pieces on offense and we dont have a goalie lol... this is going to get ugly quick. Hoping for an upset as always though. 

24 minutes ago, sr16 said:

just watched the local news report on Hopkins. Senior and graduate team returning 9 of 10 pieces on offense and we dont have a goalie lol... this is going to get ugly quick. Hoping for an upset as always though. 

And they’re coming off a tough loss to Denver,

As expected, but didnt anticipate the offense to be so bad. Hopkins locked them down in the second half.

Here is the recap. Offense was bad other than Weisshaar. They act like they’ve never seen a double team or a slide before. We’re also very slow other Mikey and Webber. Why Nads didn’t go the transfer route to replace Berkeley is beyond me.

https://towsontigers.com/news/2024/2/6/mens-lacrosse-weisshaar-earns-four-points-in-towson-mens-lacrosse-defeat-at-no-13-5-johns-hopkins.aspx

Watched parts of the game on ESPNU. But geez, lost the ground ball battle 40-18. Inexcusable. Lost face off 13-9, needed the opposite to have any chance though our passing was so bad at times, not sure we’d take advantage.

I thought the defense was predictably awful at times with a lot of new starters but a lot of correctable communication errors. We gave them about 5-6 goals. I thought Luke Downs had his moments in net and just has to get better at cleaning. Tough at  the end when we had three penalties and were down two men at one point.

I don't think Downs played bad at all. Defense hung him out to dry consistently. We were down 2 men at one point and still didn't let a goal up there. Game after halfway point thru the 3rd was dreadful to watch. 

54 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I don't think Downs played bad at all. Defense hung him out to dry consistently. We were down 2 men at one point and still didn't let a goal up there. Game after halfway point thru the 3rd was dreadful to watch. 

Tough when you can’t get a shot on goal for over 10 minutes. We don’t have that big guy that can get to the goal and create slides to get people open. It’s just one game but  Weisshaar is so good, I don’t think you can take him off the field, but I don’t want him playing D. I again would like to move him to attack 

Talk about wash, rinse, repeat.  It seems like we have seen and said the same things for a while now, poor offense, lack of groundballs, turnovers, losing face off battle.  I do think Downs had his moments and kept the game from truly getting out of control.  Hopkins almost had as many shots on goal in the second half as we did all game.  Where as every goal we scored seemed like it was a struggle, Hopkins had too many open shots.  

Mr. Anti-Flosports Guy here enjoyed watching Towson on ESPNU and although they butchered the highlight package it was nice to see them talk about the 1989 Towson double OT win over Hopkins in the tournament, talk about that roster and then their NCAA Runner-up run in 1991.  

The sad thing is that lacrosse had always been our best chance to win a D-I NCAA Championship and as more and more bigger schools get into the sport that chance gets slimmer and slimmer every year.  

• Like 1