• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Scoring woes stat

With 2 games left in the season, May is our leading scorer, averaging 11.4 ppg, which puts him on pace to have the lowest gaverage points per game of a leading scorer on a Skerry team, breaking the record of Four McGlynn, who was the leading scorer on the 2014-15 team (which went 12-20), averaging 12ppg. 

Last time I checked, this is 2024, not 1964. You’re simply not going to be truly successful (I’m not talking about 17-12, 5th/6th place in the conference) when you’re leading scorer is averaging 11.4 ppg

Charleston’s leading scorer is Ante Brzovic at 12.6ppg and they have three players averaging in double figures. The difference between us and them in that category is that they have six players averaging 8.2ppg to 12.6. Policelli, who had 17 today, is averaging just 8,9ppg on 35% shooting. I’d love to have him and I’m sure he’d put up more points with us but take the NIL and probable ring.

12 hours ago, TSU88 said:

With 2 games left in the season, May is our leading scorer, averaging 11.4 ppg, which puts him on pace to have the lowest gaverage points per game of a leading scorer on a Skerry team, breaking the record of Four McGlynn, who was the leading scorer on the 2014-15 team (which went 12-20), averaging 12ppg. 

Last time I checked, this is 2024, not 1964. You’re simply not going to be truly successful (I’m not talking about 17-12, 5th/6th place in the conference) when you’re leading scorer is averaging 11.4 ppg

Yikes. I knew it was close but didn’t think it was Four (hahah) that long ago. Williamson took over a few of those games late in that stretch and thought he would use that as a springboard. Hope he can next year since this one is done. He does things Towson players haven’t been able to, penetrate, create his own shot and pass. He and Tejada should take the most shots since they are our best chances at points (and also two guys who don’t hit the offensive glass obviously) and if they miss allows for our guys to go get them