• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

North Carolina A&T Preview

54 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Maybe this is just hearsay but I was told that International Players have a cap on the amount of NIL money they can receive and hence would be a better pursuit for mid major schools that lack funds..  again don’t know if this is indeed fact.  
What I do know is we are gonna sink or swim in the next few seasons depending on what NIL funds we come up with.  
The University of San Francisco has a ton of NIL support and hence have landed Mongo Mike and Johnathan Mogbo simply by outbidding other mid majors and more importantly providing housing for family members.  

Are programs like Hofstra, Monmouth, Hampton, uncw, Delaware (hoops), dolling out Tons of money? No probably not. This NIL crap is new and it seems like one team is doing a lot in our league.  They likely will be gone or their coach, or both very soon.

So what the hell is the excuse for the 12 years prior?!  (I know you particularly aren’t per say, but it’s been said)

48 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

No ostracism here. You’re right, given what he has to work with, Skerry has done a good job getting this offensively challenged team to the cusp of a top 4 finish. But there in lies part of the problem…while he can’t be blamed for Conway and Watson, he is responsible for the two portal swing and misses, in the form of Jones and Sulaiman (I mean, the latter is a decent role player, but nothing more). 

You’re also right that his postseason record has been brought up 8 million times. But that’s because it’s so glaringly awful. It’s the elephant 🐘 in the room. 

You’re also right that for the most part, he can’t land that stud player. Really, in 13 years, it’s Benimon only. Timberlake’s 1st 3 years, he never averaged more than 12ppg. It wasn’t until years 4-5 that he finally got into the 15-17ppg range, solely on his outside shooting. Let’s be honest, he wasn’t a complete offensive threat when he was here.

I won’t even bring up his failure to bring in a PG, other than Holden. 

His offensive “philosophy,” if you can call it that, is antiquated and has proven not to be ultimately successful. I mean, it is what it is. I hope we crack the top 4, but to be honest, I’m pretty much at the point of looking towards next season already 

We aren’t asking for a sweet 16 appearance or even a conference championship at this point. We just want to make the f’ing final once. Something every other team in our league has done, including a few others who have already left.   2 wins in a row. That’s it. 

Benimon was also an absolutely animal in the gym during his sit out year. Not trying to take credit away from Skerry and his staff but he was in the gym or weightroom non stop. 

Also regarding the game 12.5 is a huge number. Looks like Aggies have a high volume shooter with 21.5 ppg (players can average thaT much?!) and shoot a lot of threes and don’t rebound. 

56 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Also regarding the game 12.5 is a huge number. Looks like Aggies have a high volume shooter with 21.5 ppg (players can average thaT much?!) and shoot a lot of threes and don’t rebound. 

That seems like a good combo for Towson to actually look like a team that can score for a night. I expect a knock-down-drag it out affair on Saturday at UNC-W much like last year, but this game might be similar to Monmouth last week in the sense that we look better for one night before going back to the mean of what our offense has generally been for most of the year. 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

That seems like a good combo for Towson to actually look like a team that can score for a night. I expect a knock-down-drag it out affair on Saturday at UNC-W much like last year, but this game might be similar to Monmouth last week in the sense that we look better for one night before going back to the mean of what our offense has generally been for most of the year. 

Good call.  I’m told by some giddy tiger fans that this was such a great win against a very good team (quad 4) it’ll count as two wins!  Thus pushing us into a double bye

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Good call.  I’m told by some giddy tiger fans that this was such a great win against a very good team (quad 4) it’ll count as two wins!  Thus pushing us into a double bye

It’s not our fault NCAT is a bad team. Imagine the feeling if they beat us. Tonight we did what you’re supposed to do against a bad team. Does it cure all ills, of course not. Does it give us a chance at a top 4 finish, yes it does. I’m not terribly optimistic we’ll capitalize on this chance, but that’s why they play the games on the court and not in our minds 

• Haha 1