• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falters down the stretch, falls to No. 1 Charleston in semifinals 61-56

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sorry for you especially to feel that way. You’ll change your tune in a day or two, mr positivity. 

you had to listen to spiro?  And with that loss? That sounds like torture. Granted he is slightly better than Pete Gillan and bother are better than Smokey pastos but still three of the worst out there!

Spiro is great.  He’s a Towson broadcasting legend.  No need to go after him.  
2012 you need to leave the state for a year and experience some positivity.  Nothing wrong with being positive about the alma mater we all love.  
I don’t think Pat is the right guy going forward but I don’t make those decisions.  He’s gotten us back to respectability but now we need to go farther.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 2

I think it would be best for May if he had a change of scenery starting next season. It’s too simplistic to blame the loss on him, but his air ball epitomizes the futility of the Skerry era. What did he score in these 3 games, 10 points? And he was our leading scorer in the regular season.

Look, it is what it is. We will NEVER beat C of C in the conference tournament. They have a million dollar NIL war chest; we maybe have 1/10th of that. Even if Kelsey leaves for greener pastures, we are saddled with Skerry in perpetuity. 

I’m reconciled to the fact we will not make the NCAA Tournament again in my lifetime 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

I think it would be best for May if he had a change of scenery starting next season. It’s too simplistic to blame the loss on him, but his air ball epitomizes the futility of the Skerry era. What did he score in these 3 games, 10 points? And he was our leading scorer in the regular season.

Look, it is what it is. We will NEVER beat C of C in the conference tournament. They have a million dollar NIL war chest; we maybe have 1/10th of that. Even if Kelsey leaves for greener pastures, we are saddled with Skerry in perpetuity. 

I’m reconciled to the fact we will not make the NCAA Tournament again in my lifetime 

Barclays Center Suite deposit is gone. 
At least the Spokane one was fully refundable.   Let me glance at the 2025 sites this evening.  

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

At least the Spokane one was fully refundable.   Let me glance at the 2025 sites this evening.  

Do you mean the year 2525 (Zager and Evans)?

13 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Spiro is great.  He’s a Towson broadcasting legend.  No need to go after him.  
2012 you need to leave the state for a year and experience some positivity.  Nothing wrong with being positive about the alma mater we all love.  
I don’t think Pat is the right guy going forward but I don’t make those decisions.  He’s gotten us back to respectability but now we need to go farther.  

He’s a ridiculous homer and well some other things but I’ll be nice and bite my tongue. Our entire broadcast is well bush league, but I guess that’s what we just accept at Towson !

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Not blaming that on May. If we are pinning blame on a player we all know who it is… tough as usual the blame should go to the staff. Awful late game execution. 

Agree on May, maybe he can ask Suliman about IU Pennsylvania? Some schools where the pressure isn’t high. Or a school where he can be the 6th option 

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

2035 more likely 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Not blaming that on May

Agreed. He’s a kid and at the end of the day it’s just a basketball game. Having said that, I hope he has a good junior and senior season, and gets his degree…at another school. Skerry might want to bring him back, so he can work through any stigma associated with his air ball (I still can’t believe it), but I’m not sure how he does that by coming back. I guess you could say he shouldn’t run away from this & should face any demons he might have head on. I say a change of scenery and fresh start elsewhere would be best for all involved 

8 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Still waiting for that Alpha Dog Point Guard.

You’ll be waiting a long time!  I do like Williamson and think under a competent coach, would become that. But he’s at Towson, atleast for now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Agreed. He’s a kid and at the end of the day it’s just a basketball game. Having said that, I hope he has a good junior and senior season, and gets his degree…at another school. Skerry might want to bring him back, so he can work through any stigma associated with his air ball (I still can’t believe it), but I’m not sure how he does that by coming back. I guess you could say he shouldn’t run away from this & should face any demons he might have head on. I say a change of scenery and fresh start elsewhere would be best for all involved 

Yup. Seems like a nice kid and a decent role player. Just not a guy for the moment, nothing wrong with that.   But it’s not like he’s a 90% shooter from the line and that it was to tie the game. Feel bad for him on that one.  

Expectations were for him to be Timberlake 2.0. Which wasn’t realistic nor do fans (atleast the smart ones) would want that