• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

18 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Marshall fired D’antoni coming off a 24 win season last year and a very good career record!  He’s also an alum! They want to win!

It probably also had to do with the fact that the 24-win season was sandwiched between 13-20 and 12-21 seasons, and they were 49-49 overall and 24-30 in conference play. He also finished outside of the top five in conference play in six of his 10 seasons (of course C-USA and Sun Belt are more competitive than the CAA).

Skerry really only had a stretch like D'Antoni's the last three years once between the 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons. The COVID year was his excuse and he bounced back with this best year as a coach at Towson in 2021-22. I understand some of the reasoning for why people want Skerry out, but objectively as an AD who started in March 2022 I don't know many who even if they could would chase out a coach who has been 66-35 (I may have put a different number in yesterday and not counted the two conference tourney wins) overall and 38-16 in conference play the last three years for anything that was happening on the court. 

19 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

It probably also had to do with the fact that the 24-win season was sandwiched between 13-20 and 12-21 seasons, and they were 49-49 overall and 24-30 in conference play. He also finished outside of the top five in conference play in six of his 10 seasons (of course C-USA and Sun Belt are more competitive than the CAA).

Skerry really only had a stretch like D'Antoni's the last three years once between the 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons. The COVID year was his excuse and he bounced back with this best year as a coach at Towson in 2021-22. I understand some of the reasoning for why people want Skerry out, but objectively as an AD who started in March 2022 I don't know many who even if they could would chase out a coach who has been 66-35 (I may have put a different number in yesterday and not counted the two conference tourney wins) overall and 38-16 in conference play the last three years for anything that was happening on the court. 

Well they ate at least 2 years of contract, as he was given a three year extension last March! This is (and we are), Marshall! Not UNC! He led them to their first trip to the dance since the mid 80s! They are worried about two subpar years? SHEESH.  He is a HOF member as well, and they just showed him to the curb.

Now apparently Goodman jumped the gun. Nothing official or close as of yet on Kelsey to Louisville.

13 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Now apparently Goodman jumped the gun. Nothing official or close as of yet on Kelsey to Louisville.

Younger Pitino = Younger Hookers 

16 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Apparently another couple players just went into portal so..