• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
AtlantaTiger

TU Baseball Disaster

4 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Towson vs. Duke on the ACC Network tonight at 7:00 PM if anyone is interested.  Hope they can keep it "close"

Learned today that I get ACCN now. Just turned it on and saw back to back bad errors by 3rd basemen, sandwiched between a double steal to make it 6-0 Duke.   4 errors already..  wonder if baseball has a mercy rule

update. 3 errors by the same guy in the inning 

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Learned today that I get ACCN now. Just turned it on and saw back to back bad errors by 3rd basemen, sandwiched between a double steal to make it 6-0 Duke.   4 errors already..  wonder if baseball has a mercy rule

update. 3 errors by the same guy in the inning 

I watched most of that game last night.  We are lucky that it took 8 innings before the mercy rule took effect.  At the on set it looked like the game would only last 5 innings. 

Look we were not beating Duke, but watching that game I kind of wonder how they won 4 games.  

Beginning of the game the starting Duke pitcher got 6 outs on 12 pitches, where it took our guy 30 pitches to get 3 outs.  

We had 5 total errors, 3 by the third baseman in the same inning which TuTigers2012 eluded to.  I think it should have been 6 errors but generous home scoring on one.

8 total walks, 3 hit batters, 4 wild pitches.

On to another issue.  First pitch last night was around 7:00 PM in Durham, NC.  Game ended around 9:30 PM.  It takes about 5 hours and 20 minutes according to Google Maps to go from Duke to Towson.  Assuming they were on the road at say 10:15 PM they probably got back to Towson at around 3:45 AM and back into their dorms/apartments at around 4:15 AM.  Plenty of time for these "student athletes" to get some rest, go to class (hahahaha) and then get ready for their 3:00 PM home game against GW today.  Who set up this schedule?

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

I watched most of that game last night.  We are lucky that it took 8 innings before the mercy rule took effect.  At the on set it looked like the game would only last 5 innings. 

Look we were not beating Duke, but watching that game I kind of wonder how they won 4 games.  

Beginning of the game the starting Duke pitcher got 6 outs on 12 pitches, where it took our guy 30 pitches to get 3 outs.  

We had 5 total errors, 3 by the third baseman in the same inning which TuTigers2012 eluded to.  I think it should have been 6 errors but generous home scoring on one.

On to another issue.  First pitch last night was around 7:00 PM in Durham, NC.  Game ended around 9:30 PM.  It takes about 5 hours and 20 minutes according to Google Maps to go from Duke to Towson.  Assuming they were on the road at say 10:15 PM they probably got back to Towson at around 3:45 AM and back into their dorms/apartments at around 4:15 AM.  Plenty of time for these "student athletes" to get some rest, go to class (hahahaha) and then get ready for their 3:00 PM home game against GW today.  Who set up this schedule?

Sheesh didn’t even see that.  I know most Midweek games in conf season are on Wednesday’s and close but that’s wild

Swept by Monmouth in opening conference series. Hawks came in a 4-12. They were also the only team picked below us in thr preseason poll…

• Sad 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:55 AM, Blazer49 said:

Spring Break week

As many bad results come from the team, gotta give them props when they win.  Took 2 out of 3 against Hofstra last weekend and then won one against preseason favorite NE this weekend. 

"OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!"

• Like 1