• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Stony Brook Thread

Talk about lucky, OMG!!! What IS the problem at the goalie position this season anyway?! Well, a dubya izza dubya, 7-3. But must we so often win these squeakers "the Towson way"??!! We usta have a volunteer goalie coach; not sure he's still around..

10 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

Talk about lucky, OMG!!! What IS the problem at the goalie position this season anyway?! Well, a dubya izza dubya, 7-3. But must we so often win these squeakers "the Towson way"??!! We usta have a volunteer goalie coach; not sure he's still around..

I thought Downs played well for the most part. The offense and decision making by the players down the stretch were lacking.

• Thanks 1

Horrible shooting today across the board. I was especially disappointed by the squandered fast-break opportunities. We kept making one pass too many. Defense played well, though.

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

Horrible shooting today across the board. I was especially disappointed by the squandered fast-break opportunities. We kept making one pass too many. Defense played well, though.

DeMaio kept passing to a Pole or a shortie and these guys are not used to handling the ball or shooting the ball in transition. We don't have a Kobe Smith. Morin or Barsz are the closest thing to a guy like that. Potter had an open shot and passed it up. But to me, the shooting and shot selection overall reminded me of previous seasons. Got away with it because Stony Brook couldn't clear the ball and had nobody to win face-offs until late in the game.

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I thought Downs played well for the most part. The offense and decision making by the players down the stretch were lacking.

What I meant was questioning why we've been playing multiple goalies last few games. But gotta confess, I've not been paying so much attention this year, and see that Downs had been injured. Yes - 11 saves on 19 shots on goal isn't bad..

3 minutes ago, Moleman1 said:

What I meant was questioning why we've been playing multiple goalies last few games. But gotta confess, I've not been paying so much attention this year, and see that Downs had been injured. Yes - 11 saves on 19 shots on goal isn't bad..

Nilan played against Fairfield and wasn't very good in the pouring rain. Probably not fair for his first start. Downs struggled against Drexel and then got injured. But he was fine today. Did make the big save at the end when his defense and some awful last-minute penalties nearly sent the game to OT.

• Like 1