• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Zoom Meeting on 5/22

There was a Zoom meeting for donors on Wednesday at 6pm. Probably not the best time but it was better than not having one. Steve Eigenbrot, Pres. Ginsberg, Coach Pete Shinnock and field hockey coach Katie Gerzabek Salem. Personally, I just wanted Steve to talk about NIL and the CAA, while answering questions. While they addressed some of those questions at the end, but there were no major surprises. They weren't going to say, "we're unhappy or concerned with all these teams leaving the CAA in all sports and basketball." Just didn't happen. 

I'd like more specifics about NIL. How far are we down the list of CAA teams? I assume we're in the middle of the pack, which is good enough to keep most of our key players. What about football and other sports?

Speaking of football, the improvements are finally coming to the Field House, the Towson Center and more. Here's the thing. If you are going to spend $14M on improvements to the Field House (additional offices, team meetings, film rooms, expansion of academic center, more space to watch the games from an enclosed surface) and $20-30M on the Towson Center renovation for training room space, turf for a football field and replacing the additional courts, football is not staying in FCS and the CAA forever. They are also adding a much-needed second weight room, but for some reason, it's also going in the Towson Center instead of the Field House. 

Having an indoor practice facility for football is a game-changer (likely 60 yards) and some sort of basketball practice facility, also used by volleyball, can't hurt recruiting. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There was a Zoom meeting for donors on Wednesday at 6pm. Probably not the best time but it was better than not having one. Steve Eigenbrot, Pres. Ginsberg, Coach Pete Shinnock and field hockey coach Katie Gerzabek Salem. Personally, I just wanted Steve to talk about NIL and the CAA, while answering questions. While they addressed some of those questions at the end, but there were no major surprises. They weren't going to say, "we're unhappy or concerned with all these teams leaving the CAA in all sports and basketball." Just didn't happen. 

I'd like more specifics about NIL. How far are we down the list of CAA teams? I assume we're in the middle of the pack, which is good enough to keep most of our key players. What about football and other sports?

Speaking of football, the improvements are finally coming to the Field House, the Towson Center and more. Here's the thing. If you are going to spend $14M on improvements to the Field House (additional offices, team meetings, film rooms, expansion of academic center, more space to watch the games from an enclosed surfac) and $20-30M on the Towson Center renovation for training room space, turf for a football field and replacing the additional courts, football is not staying in FCS and the CAA forever. They are also adding a much-needed second weight room, but for some reason, it's also going in the Towson Center instead of the Field House. 

Having an indoor practice facility for football is a game-changer (likely 60 yards) and some sort of basketball practice facility, also used by volleyball, can't hurt recruiting. 

What does a basketball practice facility have that is not currently available? 

16 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Hopefully a coach that can come through in March 😂 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

New courts and I assume other amenities.