• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at Northeastern 80-75

That was bad. 34 points?! Ouch.  

We got beat by a better team who had their role players play out of their mind. We were short handed and Zane was way off. Still hung tough. Justin had a great game 

No Skerry in the postgame.  

Foul shooting was putrid.  

JG with 28.  Who wanted him to possibly transfer!?   Ha.  He and Zane should be our 1-2 punch next season.  

Kept cutting it to 4 and that was it.  

ZM 5-16 from the field & 1-5 from the FT line. His shooting numbers recently are alarming. Whatever small chance we have of making a run in the tournament would seem to hinge on him scoring alot.

Zane is in a mental funk right now. You just can't start out every game poorly and heat up every 2nd half. He's doing something wrong technique-wise with his form at the line, whether it's not bending his knees or getting enough arc on the shot. That line drive stuff works sometimes on 20 footers. but he's really struggling. Then the wide open missed layup? Wow. If not for Gorham, we lose by 20 but if Gorham and Martin play well, we have our third option along with Morsell.

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

ZM 5-16 from the field & 1-5 from the FT line. His shooting numbers recently are alarming. Whatever small chance we have of making a run in the tournament would seem to hinge on him scoring alot.

2012 said it in the chat and I agree to an extent that Zane is worn out from playing so many minutes. The missed layup is mental and the free throws I think are more a combination of lack of confidence and I believe technique. But if you are looking at next season and this a transition year, Zane and Gorham could be a very good combo. Gorham did it all tonight from face the basket, to put the ball on the floor and drive and decent post up moves. If he can get a little stronger and get that 3-point shot going, he's going to be one of the best power forwards in the league. Now he doesn't have to play much center next season.

Like I’ve said before, ZM, Gorham, Sanders & Solomon (if he sees significant PT) has the makings of a good team next year. All we need is a PG. 

Are we locked into 5th place? Doesn’t look like Elon can catch us, but we can’t catch Hofstra or W&M

Also, I thought about this early this year or last year, but for those who remember Lawrence Hamm, Justin reminds me of him. Lawrence was around 6-6, 210 tops, so he was an undersized power forward where Justin is an undersized post. But they play simillar games and they both rebound well. Lawrence extended his range and became our best player of that bad era.