• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My brief take...field hockey no matter how good the coach is, will always have a losing record. They cannot compete with 90% of D1 teams when they are forced to play on FieldTurf. They need an AstroTurf field. Baseball will be better simply for the fact that new blood will breathe life into the program. He'll get more out of the players than Gottlieb was able to do recently. Women's basketball will be no better than 16-17 and probably worse. They lose too much talent due to graduation and transfers. Men's golf no idea what to expect. I'm drawing blanks on the remaining one.  Only others I can think of are tennis (had interim tag removed) and cross country (assistant track coach/long distance coach was let get). Don't know if they have replacement yet. Strength has at least 2 new coaches. Don't know why either left. 

So tiger for life care to share your take on those 5 sports?  I don't know anything about the talent level coming/going for 4 out of those 5 sports.  Still curious to know why we lost half of our strength coaches.  Hopefully simply for the fact that they've moved onto what they believe is a better job.

My interest lies with the Baseball Program.  There is nothing about who was signed which makes me wonder is that an issue with the old Coach or the Sports Information Dept.?

1 hour ago, Tigerone94 said:

So tiger for life care to share your take on those 5 sports?  I don't know anything about the talent level coming/going for 4 out of those 5 sports.  Still curious to know why we lost half of our strength coaches.  Hopefully simply for the fact that they've moved onto what they believe is a better job.

As mentioned in the above post, WBB, MGolf, WTennis, FH, Baseball. I have not noticed a change in women's golf.

1 hour ago, TUCWS said:

My interest lies with the Baseball Program.  There is nothing about who was signed which makes me wonder is that an issue with the old Coach or the Sports Information Dept.?

They never post the men's lacrosse recruits. I have to go to Laxpower.com to find them so I think it's a spring sport thing. I would think the coaches would want to have a story on their recruits but it's a little different in hoops and football, where it's more publicized. But with nothing going on in the summer, it would be nice if they did a story on recruits for each spring program. Have the coach comment on each, just as they would do in their media guide.