• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB takes on No. 4 W&M on Sunday at 2:30pm

Hopefully not.  Some pretty bad shooting in game 1 Drexel jmu, bigger empty arena may help us but who knows.  All the fans there, wm and c of c will be against us. Key is getting knight into early foul trouble 

Btw, it’s outrageous that the freaking DII CIAA tournament is on tv, & the CAA doesn’t get on the box until the semi’s.

On our instagram account is a short video clip of the guys practicing today. I noticed Starr was present. Hope he plays, as we certainly need all hands on deck.

1st game tomorrow is C of C vs Drexel. Drexel did split with them in the regular season. Would love to see Drexel pull the upset, especially if we manage to prevail tomorrow. All things being equal, I’d rather play Drexel then C of C, on their home court, though beating Drexel a 3rd time would be no easy task.

I’m getting ahead of myself, but I wonder where the tournament will be held in 2020? Next year will be the 3rd year in Charleston (I’m assuming it was a 3-year agreement). It wouldn’t be fair in my opinion to keep it in Charleston beyond that, which of course begs the question of where else it could be held? Maybe Philly? You’ve got Drexel, UD & TU in close proximity. What other metropolitan areas could it be held, other than Charleston, Baltimore & Philly? Doubt they’d go to Boston-only close for NE, & really far away for the southern school’s. NY metro isn’t really an option, is it? I guess it could be held on Long Island. There are 2 schools in Virginia, but they’re both off the beaten path, such that I’m not sure where, other than on-campus, they could hold the tournament. Is Elon near an arena, other than it’s own? 

Edited by TSU88

The new commish  is D'Antonio a New Englander so I'm sure he has some connections up North. I can't imagine he wants it in South Carolina, so far away from Northeastern, Hofstra, and Drexel just to name a few. Virginia is fine but they need to draw from some place close to a school. Philly would be great or Chester, if they had an arena that was big enough. I think 10,000 is enough or even 8,000. But 20,000 is too much in D.C. (Capital One Arena) or Philly (Wells Fargo).

Arena and area around here isn’t bad but you’re a 3 hour drive from the next closest school, Uncw, which in my guess will play against Charleston on Tuesday 

problem is the conference os volatile on winning teams.   Uncw and wm have the best fans for hoops and it isn’t close irregardless of where it is and seed . Virginia Beach norfolk area?

if it goes north of Baltimore the  “neutral” site dies shortly after

Actually, I forgot somehow about UNCW. Maybe they could hold it somewhere in NC. Close for the Southern schools (uncw Elon & C of C) not to mention not that far for the VA schools. Still, half the conference schools are in MD or north of MD

Quarterfinals are set: UD vs NE (NE swept regular season); C of C vs Drexel (teams split in regular season); us vs w&m (we swept regular season); and perhaps the most intriguing matchup-Hofstra vs uncw (not only did they split regular season, but each team won by 20 points, meaning they scored the exact same amount of points versus each other in their 2 games).

41 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

The Palestra holds 8K, but I don’t know if the CAA would be allowed to use it. 

I would hope they find a place that's a little newer than 100+ years old. I was there in the late nineties to broadcast a women's game and I can't imagine it's changed much. Not all the easy to get to either. I know the Baltimore Arena is considered a sh-t hole even after some renovations but that's the Taj Mahal compared to the Palestra.