• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

48 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

You’re preaching to the choir about the seemingly unimaginative marketing. However, it is interesting to note that the commuter schools (us, Hofstra, Drexel) are all at or near the bottom in attendance 

Major maket. Major market with a crappy record.  And then us... 

but (Towson fans philosophy especially on here) Hofstra has 6 POTY last 12 years and 0 NCAA. Wm has 4 tripe to Finals and nothing to show for it.  Build off that Leonard,Crowley and co!

8 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

66 against wm?  Yawn.  

Using 1 game as your sample size is definitely the way to make a strong argument. 

Scored over 80 points 11 times this season and over 90 at least 5 times. Don’t think we’ve done that in the previous 6 years combined. 

15 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I love my school & very loyal to TU. Having said that, I have ZERO hope the TU students will ever display any sustained passion in TU sports. I used to hear “the number of students who live on campus is growing, & that will turn the tide.” To that I respectfully say BS. It’s like the people who claim all the kids playing youth soccer ⚽️ will eventually make the U.S. relevant in men’s soccer, and it never happens. At its core, TU remains a commuter school with apathetic students who care not a whit about TU sports 

I can vouch that TU is not the commuter school it once was.. there are kids who are ready to have spirit but they need a tourny run or something to give them more of a reason to care

Well, in the immortal words of many a forlorned fan, such as myself, “waitll next year!!!” Of course, I’ve been saying that since the early 90’s

12 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s marketing.  Get frats and sororities involved. Have a half court shot for 10k or free room and board. When they move back in have a parents get in free day.  Free food and drinks and shirts. It doesn’t matter.  First two years of secu student showed well. 

Doesn’t hurt to upgrade concessions and advertise that we sell beer (affordable) at games

^^^^^ or they can keep trying come watch us play frostburg! 

I think everyone agrees that playing D III teams is a losing proposition. It doesn’t count in RPI ratings, it provides no realistic measurement of how good our squad is, & no one comes to the games. Aside from that, they’re great!!!

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I think everyone agrees that playing D III teams is a losing proposition. It doesn’t count in RPI ratings, it provides no realistic measurement of how good our squad is, & no one comes to the games. Aside from that, they’re great!!!

Boosts the coaches W L record. If anything next season should be the one for d3 and cupcakes. Build confidence with a young rebuilding team

I've been watching this thread for 3 days and it's pretty sad.  Pat Skerry has been at Towson for 7 years and has 5 winning seasons.  Before Skerry Towson had 16 straight losing seasons.  That being said, I would say his staff now is not what the first staff was with guys like Johnson, Simpkins, and Murray - all had major recruiting chops and reputations with AAU coaches up and down the East Coast.  It all comes down to recruiting, you get the right guys, you win games, you don't and you don't.  May be time to shake up the staff and get some Dudes who can bring in the talent.

As for the other Tiger head coaches who have been fired of late, all were consistent losers.  Erricker, major underachiever and as was mentioned earlier, is successor came in and immediately won big.  Gottlieb, had one good season out of his last 10 = a fluke.  Paynter had 10 consecutive losing seasons. Ambrose has 4 straight losing seasons and would appear to be the most likely of the current coaches to be on the chopping block, but he has another 4 years left on his current deal so that's not happening.

Skerry contract extension this past December was a bit odd in that who really gets a contract extension in December? That being said, Skerry has a 100-percent graduation rate, and Towson had a perfect four-year score in the latest Academic Progress Rate numbers released last summer. The Tigers also earned recognition from the NCAA for scores in the top 10 percent of their sport. Coming off the Pat Kennedy years where he had 7 straight losing seasons and so poor an academic performing program that we were banned from the CAA Tournament in 2013, I'd say we are in a much better place now that at any time since Truax was the head coach and we were going to the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

I've been watching this thread for 3 days and it's pretty sad.  Pat Skerry has been at Towson for 7 years and has 5 winning seasons.  Before Skerry Towson had 16 straight losing seasons.  That being said, I would say his staff now is not what the first staff was with guys like Johnson, Simpkins, and Murray - all had major recruiting chops and reputations with AAU coaches up and down the East Coast.  It all comes down to recruiting, you get the right guys, you win games, you don't and you don't.  May be time to shake up the staff and get some Dudes who can bring in the talent.

As for the other Tiger head coaches who have been fired of late, all were consistent losers.  Erricker, major underachiever and as was mentioned earlier, is successor came in and immediately won big.  Gottlieb, had one good season out of his last 10 = a fluke.  Paynter had 10 consecutive losing seasons. Ambrose has 4 straight losing seasons and would appear to be the most likely of the current coaches to be on the chopping block, but he has another 4 years left on his current deal so that's not happening.

Skerry contract extension this past December was a bit odd in that who really gets a contract extension in December? That being said, Skerry has a 100-percent graduation rate, and Towson had a perfect four-year score in the latest Academic Progress Rate numbers released last summer. The Tigers also earned recognition from the NCAA for scores in the top 10 percent of their sport. Coming off the Pat Kennedy years where he had 7 straight losing seasons and so poor an academic performing program that we were banned from the CAA Tournament in 2013, I'd say we are in a much better place now that at any time since Truax was the head coach and we were going to the NCAA Tournament.

No one is saying we Are worse off. But it’s time to take the next step and pat isn’t the one who will take us there 

Kennedy was a lame duck coach last two years and couldn’t recruit. That’s on the school and ad for being to cheap and not cutting their losses

again, pat has done wonders with this team and the players. He is a nice and genuine guy. He has don’t well with the Graduations, moldering good guys and even tops in NCAA in community service, but it’s time to win. That’s the name of the game.  He has had time, money, resources and every advantage to win and hasn’t that’s the bottom line 

Elsewhere in the caa, Keatts with Uncw and grant with c of c have won And their programs aren’t clean..