• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

And 1 of the 2 open ships goes to...

I know we've been up-and-down with jucos but it's pretty exciting to have a guy that can shoot it. Not just from the field, but from 3pt and the line. Other than point guard, that's what people have been asking for.

The 2 biggest needs for next season, IMHO, were someone who can knockdown 3’s & a PG. I would like to think Fobbs will be able to address, to some degree, the 1st of those 2 needs. If he can shoot, he can shoot. At the risk of oversimplification, hitting an open 3 in JUCO is pretty much the same as hitting an open 3 at TU. I’ve been clamoring for some time for someone who can flat out shoot, in the mode of guys at W&M, for example.

I know they are working hard on a PG. If they get a quality one, an upgrade from Starr along with Fobbs, Betrand, Dottin, Solomon O. Sanders, and Drayton, I'm feeling pretty confident about next season.

So to update the depth chart

PG ?, Dottin, Prophete

SG Martin, Betrand

SF McNeill, Fobbs, Drayton

PF Gorham, Tunstall, Solomon O.

C Sanders, Thomas

Do you have to list McNeill as starter?😳

And you inadvertently listed Starr, not ZM, as the starting SG. Hope that’s not some kind of Freudian slip

Edited by TSU88

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Do you have to list McNeill as starter?😳

And you inadvertently listed Starr, not ZM, as the starting SG. Hope that’s not some kind of Freudian slip

I'm trying to multitask and yes, Martin not Starr. McNeill is the starter until Fobbs or Drayton can prove otherwise. Going with experience over talent. That might not be starting lineup in Game 10. Give Fobbs a chance to get accustomed to D1 play. That's just a guess. Pat and the coaches might have a different lineup once they start practicing.

Are McNeill & Tunstall expected to be physically ready to go for next season? Aren’t they both having surgery?

I think the competition is going to be exciting over the summer once they start practicing. I don't think anything should be a given when you go 8-10 in the CAA and get smoked in the quarterfinals. These guys (other than Zane) need to earn their spots.

Just now, TSU88 said:

Are McNeill & Tunstall expected to be physically ready to go for next season? Aren’t they both having surgery?

Yes, I assume they might miss some time during the summer practice session but they are expected back by October as far as I know.

I think Tunstall is very underrated. If he could ratchet up his offensive game just a little, he can be a nice contributor, given his rebounding, shot blocking, & length on the press. I’m excited to see him, Sanders, Solomon & Gorham up front next season. 

Edited by TSU88