• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

And 1 of the 2 open ships goes to...

So, this new kid has some interesting stats. In his senior year of HS he only averaged 10ppg (thus likely explaining why he went the JUCO route). In his 1st year of JUCO he averaged about 17ppg & shot less than 50%. This year, he exploded, averaging 26ppg. In his 29 games this past season, he shot 50% or better 24 times. 14 times he shot 50% or better from 3 & he shot 87% from the foul line. 

So, I did a little online research. JUCO is divided into D1, D2, & D3. This kid played at a D2 school. Apparently, 1 of the differences between D1 & D2 JUCO is the former can actually offer full scholarships while the latter can only offer tuition, fees & books (but no room & board). Does this mean D2 is a lesser caliber of competition than D1?

Now we need a point guard.

Yes lesser competition. Consider his suitors but that doesn’t mean he can’t play at this level. It might tak some time to adjust 

I don’t expect him to come in & drop 25 a game. 8-10 ppg next season would be nice. We lose  what, about 38 ppg or so from this past season’s squad. Got to make that up from different sources 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I don’t expect him to come in & drop 25 a game. 8-10 ppg next season would be nice. We lose  what, about 38 ppg or so from this past season’s squad. Got to make that up from different sources 

Well Starr and Keith's offensive production is easily replaceable. I think Gorham will average 12-14 ppg and Sanders 8-10. We don't need a point guard to come in and average 20ppg but 10ppg would be nice assuming he can run the show. We do need some scoring from the 3 if Fobbs plays there next season. It would be tough for him to come in and do what Mike did but maybe Drayton adds some production off the bench.

Look, this kid can shoot it, whether he's playing against some juco D2 team or Duke. He's built strong. Can he handle it against legit defenses? Can he defend quality CAA wings? Seems like he's athletic enough and pretty long. Not a lot of D played in juco.