• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

3 open ships=lots of flexibility. Grad transfer (one of our coaches is following on Twitter Isaiah White, a local kid who played at Maine); transfer who has to sit out a year....Even JUCO...as long as its not a PG

White has been at three schools including Harford C.C. and UNC Asheville. I don't know if that's the optimal grad transfer. But he has some talent and two years left apparently. Not a very good three-point shooter last year, under 30%. Points per game don't matter as much anymore if you are not efficient and just a chucker. Does he play the 3 and Fobbs moves to the 2? I'd prefer somebody who didn't shoot 41% from the floor and 29% from beyond the arc (49 assists 61 turnovers). 

https://goblackbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3813

https://goblackbears.com/documents/2019/3/11/1819combined.pdf

Actually Mat, I hope we don’t go after him. He took 6 3’s a game last season & only shot 29% on them. We don’t need another guy who is challenged when it comes to shooting. 

I’ll throw out a name of a kid who would have to sit out next year (and who is following one of our coaches on Twitter)-Noah Horchler. Averaged 16ppg & 9 boards at N. Florida, before being kicked off the team for some reason. 6’8

Edited by TSU88

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Actually Mat, I hope we don’t go after him. He took 6 3’s a game last season & only shot 29% on them. We don’t need another guy who is challenged when it comes to shooting. 

Only way I'd take him if he's our backup to Fobbs and the 2 spot. He's definitely an upgrade over Betrand but he would have to be our third ship. Pass.

Agreed. I’m just a little nervous that we might be interested in him, seeing as he’s a local. Following a kid on Twitter, & him following back, doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Then again....

Now the Horchler kid is a different story. He’d have to sit out next season & would only have 1 year of eligibility after that. So I’m not sure he’s necessarily worth pursuing either

Same coach is also following Quinton Adlesh of Columbia in the Ivy League. Shot 49% from the field; 37% from 3; averaged 13ppg. 6’0 pg. Might not mean anything, but I don’t think either Grayer or Adlesh is following our coach back

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Same coach is also following Quinton Adlesh of Columbia in the Ivy League. Shot 49% from the field; 37% from 3; averaged 13ppg. 6’0 pg. Might not mean anything, but I don’t think either Grayer or Adlesh is following our coach back

More like 43% from the field. Second-most assists so is he a 6-0 point guard  (71 to 56 turnovers) or a shooting guard? Of course, I'd love to have Grayer but who knows where he ends up. I'm sure he has about 25 schools interested.

i like Gibson too, but i suspect Skerry won't pursue him hard since he is not build like a LB and he will probably focus on his defense.  We need a heady player who passes well and can shoot.  This guys seems to check a whole lot of boxes.