• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
BoogerJ

Epic Collapse: What will Tim Leonard Do?

It's defense, kids.  The O was due to have a bad game and when that happens, you need your defense to have their backs until they can figure it out.  After it got to 28-10, they woke up and buckled down but then as soon as we get the game tied, we give it right back.  What changed?  Why do we have a secondary that just lets people run free all day long?  Just needed them to get one more stop after tying the game and we win this one.  Just like last week if they get a stop on that last drive, we're not talking about the dropped TD in the end zone at the end of the game.  Yes, the play calling was mystifying on the final 2 plays of the game but it can't just boil down to that because our defense put us in the hole by blowing assignments throughout the day.

Now aren't we glad we worried so much about rankings on October 1?

Ambrose isn't going anywhere until contract is up. Do not forget we were anticipated to be in the bottom to middle half of the CAA. Even if we lose next 2 games this team outperformed initial expectations (gulp..). Sucks we lost 2 but too early to give up now...

If somebody has the money, fine but that's not happening. We need to put money into the practice facility so we can be a consistently strong program. I don't think he coaches in 2020 if they don't make the playoffs in the next two years.

If I'm the team, I use this as motivation. Nobody believes in us. Nobody think we can beat Elon and JMU. That's really all they have right now. 

Defense has to make plays though. They had two sacks tonight where the ball was stripped and nobody went after the ball. Turnovers change the momentum of the game just like Flacco's pick did last week and McCants pick tonight turned the game around.

9 minutes ago, TSU86 said:

I hope RA at least sends a Christmas card to T West every year. 

No TW - no big fat contract 

That's like saying Brian Billick should send a card to Ray Lewis. You can't win big without great players.

RA without TW = no playoffs. 

We have one stretch of success,thanks to TW, and coach gets a nice contract. 

Am I missing anything? 

• Like 1

Who are the apologists? The so-called older people just aren't into name-calling and juvenile shit about calling people bozos. If his contract was about to end, I think most would agree that he needs to be gone. But sure, we can pay 800,000+ because we have a great tv contract, millions in alum donations, we can afford a 5-year, $2.5M deal to another up-and-coming hot FBS assistant. Yeah, just being realistic. 

All agree that he needs to go now. Maybe if he hired a competent staff he would be successful. Insulate yourself with yes men and this is what you get. and let’s be honest rob is living a dream: non existent fan base, pawn of an AD and media that consists of a few bloggers and spiro. I wish someone had the balls to criticize him. 

Under 500 with mr west and counting ..

• Like 1

I guess now that we've lost a couple of games in a row, the career record and the namecalling can begin.  No surprise.  It was seashells and balloons when we were 6-1 and gnawing our fingernails about what we'd be ranked each week when truly, those rankings didn't matter on October 1st.  And now we see why.

Two games left in some guys' careers.  Hopefully their fire will burn to make them both great.