• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Adieu playoffs

I mean we’ll make the playoffs if we beat Elon & JMU, but realistically, with this D, combined with the infuriating play calling when the game is on the line, makes it highly unlikely  we’re going to win out-in fact, I suspect we’ll lose the last 2 games.

Playoffs? Playoffs? (In Jim Mora voice)

When you give up 75 points in 2 games, you’re not going to win many games. Is it the coaching, lack of talent? I suspect a combo of the two. Even with Houdini Flacco at QB, it’s too much to overcome.

Please explain, I rhetorically ask, how the last 3 calls on the goal line don’t involve Flacco running or passing? 

• Like 1

6-1 start was against sub par competition.  None of the 6 wins are against anyone with a winning record.

Tough loss on the road last week after having a 15 point lead and less than 17 minutes to go.

Then what happened today, at home, on Homecoming, allbeit against a solid Maine team.

No playoffs for this bunch. No chance.

You forgot that Stony Brook has a winning record, but I agree with you otherwise. And I hated the play calls too. Maine's defense is too strong to come straight at them the way we did. Another dumb-ass performance by the little brother.

A very uninspired effort. If we win out we do get to the playoffs but as you said, that is extremely doubtful given the play of our defense. 

I know he’s someone’s little boy but #25 is a major major liability 

I try to avoid calling out players, but I will say #25 is quite steadfast in his unwillingness to turn his head & look for the ball when it’s in the air. Perhaps there’s a different CB on the squad who’s willing to do so.

I assume that Gillette will be riding the pine next week with Shuman and McCants at corner and Vincent at nickel. Gillette might be moved to safety because Reaves is not very good in coverage.

Well, it’s hard to do right now but I’m going to keep hope alive and hold out hope that the offense can score enough points next Saturday to pull off an upset of Elon. I don’t think this is realistic, but hey you never know. Then it’s down to a play-in game at home vs JMU. 

A review of Elon’s season makes me less optimistic...the most points they’ve given up this season was 34, & that was to an FBS team (USF). 

Elon's freshman running back Jaylan Thomas went for 222 yards against URI tonight. They only threw eight times. Not going to happen against us. They'll have to throw some and obviously we have to stop or slow him down. Hell, they ran 47 for 319 yards so they must be running some version of the option and giving up on the pass because they threw just 11 times against Richmond.

Their defense is very good. Have to give them credit for adapting to a different gameplan with Davis Cheek out for the season. Their defense is good but not sure it's as good as Maine. We are probably the best offense they'll face all season. Hell, we're probably the best offense in the CAA considering what has happened to JMU and their QB situation and then Villanova with Benardzyk getting hurt and playing hurt.

URI’s QB torched Elon; 25/35 350 yds & 3 TD’s (though he was sacked 7x).

So, we’ve got to hope that Flacco can do the same, if not better. 

You’re right, Elon was 3-8 passing. Sounds Citadel-esque. Is it too simple to say stack the box & dare them to throw?