• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB beats Carleton, 76-64

I know it's just two games, but I think we're seeing a very different team in the Skerry era. No longer can they rely on a post player to lead them in scoring. You look at Zane scoring 15 in Game 1 and 17 in Game 2 and it's going to be tough to bring him off the bench this year. Brian Starr was solid after not playing in Game 1 (they want to a long look at Rolle), with 12pts, 3 assists, 1 turnover. That might be asking a lot but they are going to need him to score more. Same with EK at the 4 because Alex Thomas is not an offensive threat and if Morman starts, he's the defensive stopper that can score about 10-11ppg. Morsell was 4-of-13 tonight from the field after not playing in the opener. Not shocking of course and neither is the poor 3-point shooting in the first two games. Hopefully getting more transition points off of turnovers from the press will alleviate the lack of 3-point shooting.

But I know it's the one thing we're really missing (other than a Moto/Davis/Benimon). I do like Drayton's potential as a long-range shooter but it appears he's not going to play much with McNeill and Morsell ahead of him. I could see him redshirt while Ingram is just so darn athletic. But he has Morman and Zane ahead of him.

Also good to see Tunstall and Gorham get more minutes in the first two games. Maybe we'll see a different look with Tunstall starting at the 5 instead of Thomas. That dude is going to be our Dennis Rodman-lite without the drama. He's always around the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

Zane Martin seems to turning the corner with his game. Cannot wait to see him play this season. I just hope Morsell figures it out this season.

I think Zane has a better chance of becoming the star of the team and the guard we were hoping Mike would turn into then Morsell figuring it out. I would hope that Morsell becomes a better all-around player. Rebounds, defends, and dishes a couple of assists per game and not worry about his shooting %.

• Like 1

Glad the MBB SID is along for the ride. Great following the game on Twitter tonight. I wonder what we'll see from freshman from FL on this trip. Agree that Zane seems to have really taken it up a notch. Think Carleton plays Bama next. Will be interesting to see how an SEC school does against them

Sanders didn't play in Game 2, but appears like he's ready to play THIS season. However, to clarify, he's ineligible for 2017-18, correct?..

Must say, I like the way Gorham and Tunstall have come up in the program since 9 months ago! "The future".. With luck, Prophete, Drayton and Ingram will develop similarly as they watch from the guys in front of them..

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

Sanders didn't play in Game 2, but appears like he's ready to play THIS season. However, to clarify, he's ineligible for 2017-18, correct?..

Must say, I like the way Gorham and Tunstall have come up in the program since 9 months ago! "The future".. With luck, Prophete, Drayton and Ingram will develop similarly as they watch from the guys in front of them..

Yeah, Sanders is probably the best post player we have and he's ineligible this year.

Carleton fans still stunned we beat them. They beat Alabama by 12 tonight. We beat Laval 70-51. No Brian Starr or Zane Martin.
Jordan McNeill 16 points
Van Rolle 12pts
Al Thomas 7 rebs, 5 blocks
Tunstall 3 blocks

• Like 1