• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Riller, Brantley lead CofC over MBB, 67-55

Putrid. Not a low blow, just a fact. We have 1 PG who now has the dubious distinction of having more turnovers than assists, while the other PG is virtually even with turnovers equaling assists. That is inconceivable & unacceptable. Yes I know that you have to have good shooters to get assists, but really these numbers are atrocious 

24 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Putrid. Not a low blow, just a fact. We have 1 PG who now has the dubious distinction of having more turnovers than assists, while the other PG is virtually even with turnovers equaling assists. That is inconceivable & unacceptable. Yes I know that you have to have good shooters to get assists, but really these numbers are atrocious 

It’s a combination but if you had a point guard that could break down defenses and get people open shots, I think you’d see a better shooting percentage.

Couldn’t agree more. Skerry really needs to stick the landing with the PG that’ll be coming in with the next class in the fall. HS, JUCO, grad transfer, work release inmate, I don’t care where he comes from or how he gets here. Just make it happen 

If you are a good point guard, why do you come to Towson? Serious question. If you are offered a scholarship to all of the CAA programs (academics, distance etc aside), strictly on a basketball level, where the hell would you go?  WM, NE, Drexel, Hofstra UNCW? where you can run, play uptempo offense? Or Towson, where you run an offense from the 1980s?  Its now 2019 and time for Towson to get with the times.

image.png.f19ebfa3e9401e8913aa9d92823c028b.png

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If you are a good point guard, why do you come to Towson? Serious question. If you are offered a scholarship to all of the CAA programs (academics, distance etc aside), strictly on a basketball level, where the hell would you go?  WM, NE, Drexel, Hofstra UNCW? where you can run, play uptempo offense? Or Towson, where you run an offense from the 1980s?  Its now 2019 and time for Towson to get with the times.

image.png.f19ebfa3e9401e8913aa9d92823c028b.png

Shocking you would go with the negative for a completely rebuilt team. How was the offense last year with Zane? Ranked fourth in the league at 76.4ppg. Ranked third in FG% and fourth in three point percentage. Not bad for an antiquated offense. Imagine if they had a point guard?

BTW, Northeastern runs an uptempo offense? Yeah, they have Pusica. Agree to an extent that the myth of us being a slow down might hurt in recruiting but just find one! That’s all it takes and he will run. That’s what he said last night but he doesn’t trust this team to take care of the ball. Personally, I would run more because when you wonder why you aren’t getting easy baskets, that’s why. No transition and no forced turnovers. It’s all about balance, but sure, we’re never going to be Arkansas.

29 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Shocking you would go with the negative for a completely rebuilt team. How was the offense last year with Zane? Ranked fourth in the league at 76.4ppg. Ranked third in FG% and fourth in three point percentage. Not bad for an antiquated offense. Imagine if they had a point guard?

BTW, Northeastern runs an uptempo offense? Yeah, they have Pusica. Agree to an extent that the myth of us being a slow down might hurt in recruiting but just find one! That’s all it takes and he will run. That’s what he said last night but he doesn’t trust this team to take care of the ball. Personally, I would run more because when you wonder why you aren’t getting easy baskets, that’s why. No transition and no forced turnovers. It’s all about balance, but sure, we’re never going to be Arkansas.

Shocking that you would read it as negative.  Kids want to play in an open uptempo offense, not what we run.  Sorry Skerry apologists, its true.  Zane?? Is he here now? No, he was the best scorer we had since Neal and he left.  Imagine if they had a pg?? Its been a decade and skerry hasnt sniffed a competent point guard.  NE does not run an uptempo offense, you are correct, They run a great system behind a very smart coach.  They also haven't had their leader in assists average below than 4 assists in 5 years.  We have not had one average over 3...

I'm not saying run every time, but you can see Skerry run on the court and stop the offense/lead guard himself. Maybe you dont see that Mat, but I've been to every home game and 4 road ones this year right behind the bench and its startling.  Need to push it against a team that is good defensively, especially when we are down, and guess what! we were down the ENTIRE GAME yesterday.

With all the talent out there, it’s WAY over simplistic to speculate that a good PG won’t come here. If this “logic” held true, no bad team would ever get better, for good players would simply never go to such schools.

Skerry’s marching order...get a good PG, no ifs ands or buts!!!