Numbers don’t lie

37% shooting vs C of C

36% shooting vs UNCW

For the season: 

Howard 32% shooting

McNeil 40%

Thomas 41%

Dottin 39%

Betrand 21% (let that marinate for a minute)

Opponents have made 44 more 3’s than us

Opponents have 75 more assists than us

Opponents have 51 less turnovers than us

We have 155 assists to 226 turnovers (essentially, for every assist we get, we commit 1 1/2 turnovers)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It is insane to think we’re going to get to the NCAA tournament under this regime. It is insane to think we will make it to the CAA tournament championship game under this regime. It is insane to think we will win more than 1 game in the CAA tournament under this regime.

There is a fundamental flaw with the type of players being recruited, in that many of them simply can’t shoot a basketball, which is somewhat problematic for a basketball player. Out rebounding the other guys is great, if you want to keep losing & scoring in the high 50’s or low 60’s every game.

A sea change is necessary, but is not forthcoming.  This regime has hit a plateau. We are now going backwards. 

Hard to argue with any of that. And yet, Skerry talked during the post-game interview about how much of the season is left, and how we can still "become a pretty good team." I don't see it.

I try to see things half full. Betrand is going backwards for whatever reason but Solomon keeps making strides. Dottin had a bad game but he doesn't turn it over much. Timberlake probably should redshirt but he played too many games. Almost a wasted season. But pretty good team? I'll take mediocre at this point. I think when guys are 21 or 22 like Howard and Sanders, they are what they are. Fobbs is so left-handed, he charges into defenders because they dare him to go right.

It was an abysmal offensive performance. Howard continues to shoot ok from long distance (over 35%) but he's probably around 25% inside the arc. Jordan had a solid game on Thursday and went 0-8 today. That's what he's done his entire career.

But what bothered me the most was the sloppy play on both ends. It seemed like we were not focused on the task at hand. When you have nine players 3-4 don't show, you are effed. I'll post the comments shortly as I was the only media member there today. 

'

Haven’t lead in 120 minutes now. Struggle to score at home. Against not a great defensive team that played double ot on the road Thursday and then a 3 hour bus ride. Defense was awful, coaching atrocious 

Solomon was good but that was it. 

Did we ever have the lead vs W&M? If not, we’ve gone 3 full games without having the lead for even 1 second. Unbelievable 

• Like 1