• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Numbers don’t lie-Cornell debacle

Cornell shot 43%... from 3, making 13 of 30.  We shot 42%..,from the field for the entire game, and a scintillating 33% on 3’s, going 9-27. 

We were outshot, outrebounded, had fewer assists, were out hustled, out coached & had 7 shots stuffed down our throats by Cornell’s “legendary” shot blockers. Don’t let the final score fool you; if it wasn’t for garbage time, Cornell, who lead by 22 at one point, would have won by 30. 

When will we ever adapt & start recruiting kids who can shoot 3’s, instead of kids who struggle mightily to hit 40% total from the field. 

Poor Brian Fobbs-5-20 from the field tonight. His shooting is regressing rapidly, probably because he feels pressure to carry the team on his shoulders. 

Poor Dottin-crazy drives to the basket, where he gets caught down low with no place to go, usually resulting in a turnover, offensive foul, or missed shot. 

With Alex Thomas’ injury tonight (no idea if he’ll miss any time going forward) we’re down to 8 scholarship players. With 14 games left, I’m skeptical we’ll win more than 2, and accept the fact it’s possible we may lose out the rest of the season. 

43 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Cornell shot 43%... from 3, making 13 of 30.  We shot 42%..,from the field for the entire game, and a scintillating 33% on 3’s, going 9-27. 

We were outshot, outrebounded, had fewer assists, were out hustled, out coached & had 7 shots stuffed down our throats by Cornell’s “legendary” shot blockers. Don’t let the final score fool you; if it wasn’t for garbage time, Cornell, who lead by 22 at one point, would have won by 30. 

When will we ever adapt & start recruiting kids who can shoot 3’s, instead of kids who struggle mightily to hit 40% total from the field. 

Poor Brian Fobbs-5-20 from the field tonight. His shooting is regressing rapidly, probably because he feels pressure to carry the team on his shoulders. 

Poor Dottin-crazy drives to the basket, where he gets caught down low with no place to go, usually resulting in a turnover, offensive foul, or missed shot. 

With Alex Thomas’ injury tonight (no idea if he’ll miss any time going forward) we’re down to 8 scholarship players. With 14 games left, I’m skeptical we’ll win more than 2, and accept the fact it’s possible we may lose out the rest of the season. 

Defense was atrocious tonight. Normally, we beat up the offense but we gave up 40 points at the half before Morgan started cooking. When Al doesn't play, you notice Sanders' lack of defense or even effort. He and Solomon are not good defensively together but without Al, there's not much choice. If Thomas is out, it probably doesn't even matter but I'd start Tunstall and Solomon. But at this point,not a whole lot you can do.Tunstall has to pound the boards and block shots, not get his own shot blocked. When he's not active, that's not a good sign.

Fobbs was terrible IMO and again, put up numbers like as did Howard. He's basically going 1-on-5 and he's getting very little on off the ball movement. Everything is off the dribble. Nobody really had a good game tonight but you can't expect these guys to put up 80. They have to defend and rebound. Morgan was incredible though, most his shots were contested, or he'd just step back and hit a 25 footer or NBA 3-pointer. 

Ultimately, I don't care if our bigs are great scorers (in the future), I want them to defend and pound the glass. Score some on the block. Set screens. I want our wings and guards to produce points.