• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 64, CHICKENS 63

16 hours ago, Towsonfan2014 said:

I believe he can/did redshirt. I believe that the revised Redshirt rules allow for a 10 games played maximum, and he didn’t reach that. 

You’re correct. I found this tidbit in an article about a player on Pitt’s team last season. Bottom line-a basketball player can get a medical redshirt if he played in less than 30% of his teams games during the season. Timberlake played in 9 games. We will likely play 32 games this season. 30% of 32 is 9.6. NCAA rule provides for rounding that up to 10. So, since Timberlake played in less than 10 games, he can get a redshirt for this season 

50EF1290-00D3-4728-B199-2B221B7A7928.png

If he can technically redshirt, it's a no-brainer. This is a wasted season for him and he's not the missing ingredient for a championship team. Come back a little stronger, a little better. Two guard spot will be open next season. My assumption, if Howard stays, he moves to the 2. We add another point guard, combo guard and a skilled power forward.

PG Dottin, ?

SG Betrand, Howard, Timberlake, ?

SF Fobbs, Betrand, Gray

PF Juwan Gray, Solomon U., ?

C Sanders, Tunstall, Charles Thompson

Actually, though Betrand can play the 3 but we probably need a true 3 with Fobbs leaving after next season. 

Speaking of Thompson, while I was waiting for the football games to start today, I went online and found some stats on how his Sr year in HS is going. In 15 games, he’s averaging 12ppg & 5.8 boards (leading his 13-2 team in both categories).

What really caught my eye is he’s shooting  a remarkable 73% from the field (82-113), but only 49% from the foul line (19-39). Does this mean he’s dunking over a lot of 6’4 postmen on opposing teams? Hopefully it means he’s got a strong interior game & can finish around the basket. 

Edited by TSU88

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Speaking of Thompson, while I was waiting for the football games to start today, I went online and found some stats on how his Sr year in HS is going. In 15 games, he’s averaging 12ppg & 5.8 boards (leading his 13-2 team in both categories).

What really caught my eye is he’s shooting  a remarkable 73% from the field (82-113), but only 49% from the foul line (19-39). Does this mean he’s dunking over a lot of 6’4 postmen on opposing teams? Hopefully it means he’s got a strong interior game & can finish around the basket. 

He's a bruiser. Good thing is he won't have to play a lot his freshman season with Tunstall, Sanders, Solly and Gray in front of him. What we lack is a defensive post player. Not sure if he can defend the post like Alex. He's obviously not as big.

Sounds like a good build for a power forward. 

I’m hoping Skerry & staff nail the last 2 open ships (maybe more than 2, if any current non-seniors don’t return next year). #1 priority is obviously a PG. 

Just now, TSU88 said:

Sounds like a good build for a power forward. 

I’m hoping Skerry & staff nail the last 2 open ships (maybe more than 2, if any current non-seniors don’t return next year). #1 priority is obviously a PG. 

I'd really like to stay away from jucos. I'd be surprised if Drayton was back. Then you'd need a 3 or 2/3 like Betrand. I think Betrand takes that job when Fobbs leaves and he fills out. Or Skerry could save the last one for a sit-out transfer. Personally, I'd prefer one that can play right away.

I’d prefer to stay away from a JUCO PG. Didn’t work with Ivory, so-so success, at best, with Starr, & hasn’t worked with Howard (who even the color commentator last night said is more a 2 guard).

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d prefer to stay away from a JUCO PG. Didn’t work with Ivory, so-so success, at best, with Starr, & hasn’t worked with Howard (who even the color commentator last night said is more a 2 guard).

True, Fobbs has worked out but most jucos for us hasn't worked.