• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

A few post-loss observations

3 minutes ago, Ironman42 said:

They may win two more games maybe Elon beat Richmond and put 36 points to do it

That was a shocker. I hope you're wrong and Stony Brook is better than we think but that's probably about right. Another 4-7 season. Damn, can't be too negative this early in the season. Give it the Nova game.

I want to believe that the future is rosy, but it's hard for me to be optimistic. My own personal opinion, & I'm not asking anyone to validate me on this, is that no matter the talent brought in, it won't be utilized to its maximum by this coach. I also believe this coach routinely loses the X & O's battle with his counterparts.

BTW, one thing that does cheer me is that Jeff Miller, the 6'6 California HS QB who has (verbally) committed for next season, is putting up video game numbers so far this season, leading Murrieta Mesa to a 5-0 record thus far, including a 59-58 win yesterday.

Edited by TSU88

I was saying in the chat that title run seemed  to be an aberration and we will just be a low to mid tier caa team with no chance of making playoffs unless we clean house. That's highly unlikely at this point until RAs contract  runs out. As others mentioned you have to look at the coaching and staff at this point. Not saying the season is over but realistically we have to live with the stigma that we are an average at best team for years to come. We've heard the same thing over again, oh this guy coming in will do this and that only to be benched or constantly injured as in MM... Truly disappointing...

Look, I'm not telling you we're going to the playoffs next season. Not if the OL situation doesn't improve. But you can't utilize talent if half the guys are injured. I'm more concerned about how they use the defensive talent. The offense is run by a r-freshman QB with two true freshmen RBs (maybe some CJ Williams) and a bunch of new WRs, most of whom are freshmen and sophomores.

47 minutes ago, tualum said:

I was saying in the chat that title run seemed  to be an aberration and we will just be a low to mid tier caa team with no chance of making playoffs unless we clean house. That's highly unlikely at this point until RAs contract  runs out. As others mentioned you have to look at the coaching and staff at this point. Not saying the season is over but realistically we have to live with the stigma that we are an average at best team for years to come. We've heard the same thing over again, oh this guy coming in will do this and that only to be benched or constantly injured as in MM... Truly disappointing...

Well, I'm not going to give you no sense of hope. I call it the way I see it in practice or I try and give you stuff I hear about. But I never said this was a great team. I was optimistic about some of the receivers but if you lose your starting QB in the first game, you are back to square one unless you are bringing in Steve Young for Joe Montana. Then you lose Tsimis (Rutgers transfer), Leatherbury (speedy Juco), and Kilgore. Gallahan, the most experienced WR from last season, missed the first 3 games. That's something I can't project, injuries to the QB. And I never thought that Francis and Garnett, two mammoth linemen, would be buried on the bench.

We do seem to be snakebit with injuries. Also snakebit when it comes to the bounce of the ball. When we fumble, the opposition recovers; when the opposition fumbles, they recover.

Alas, injuries, the ball bouncing the wrong way, inexperienced players being relied upon...all stanzas in the sad song of the loser

Ok Mat, you can't dangle that out there & just leave it. I'm too emotionally fragile after tonight's game?. Are you suggesting a basketball commit, possibly? Not asking for a name or your source-just give me a yay or nay.

Well a basketball commit could be on the horizon but of course, we have two ships left so that's not a stunning statement....but as Robert DeNiro once said in Raging Bull as the late Jake LaMotta, "I heard things".